ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
April Book Club > Part Three Discussion

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kami (kalicu) | 187 comments Mod
I decided to make Part Three's discussion!

What does everyone think of the book so far? I read the whole thing and LOVE it!

Raychul (rraychul) ive just finished part 3 and was a bit disappoitned that the descriptiveness of the tents seemed to tail off a bit. i found i was having to try hard to fill in the gaps whereas in part 2 i could imagine it perfectly
however, i do understand that part 3 had a lot more events happening so it wasnt solely revolving around the circus
i really got to know isobel in part 2 and she was hardly mentioned since - i feel like we are supposed to blame her for breaking the ties but i just feel sorry for her.
i was really upset to read about friedrick thiessen, but i think he was the best character to choose since he was the leader of the reveurs. i feel like a reveur myself.

the talks about the challenge have confirmed my suspicions that this is a fight to the death. and since marco and celia are now in love there will really be no winner

my favourite part from these chapters was at the very end of part 3 when marco shows celia the circus he has constructed from paper and string. i didnt really understand if that was helping to hold the circus together or if it was just his way of keeping track of tents, but i loved the idea of him making each tiny tent

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Part 3 was AMAZING!!!
Basically the whole book was amazing.
Friedrick was amazing but let's not forget that my fave character is Chandresh so...

Raychul (rraychul) i think there just wasnt enough done about the challenge in part 3 and there isnt much of the book left so im hoping there is more to come

Well,believe me,there is

message 7: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (allouin) I don't hate Isobel for what she did. I don't blame her at all. Marco was manipulating her and using her and she finally broke because if it.
I just want to hug her.

Alisha wrote: "I don't hate Isobel for what she did. I don't blame her at all. Marco was manipulating her and using her and she finally broke because if it.
I just want to hug her."

I know,she used to be my fave character.I don't blame her too,I just loved Celia more in the last parts.Whatever,what do you think will be the next read for May?

Nathalie (readingshadowhunter) | 4 comments I really love it so far... And I'm so sorry for Isobel, the poor girl gave up everything for Marco and he manipulated her :( I HATE Hector though. He's a terrible human!!! I hope he vanishes once and for all.
Honestly, I still don't really get the challenge thing and what their "moves" are, but I suspected that one would have to die for a long time now.
And I really love the storyline with Bailey and the Murray twins, they're really cute and I love to get to know more parts of the Circus through their adventures.

Raychul (rraychul) i still dont understand the challenge or what the moves are either. if they are both creating circus tents how on earth will one of them end up dead?! their moves are never really explained. its just like "marco made that tent".

message 11: by Kami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Raychul wrote: "i still dont understand the challenge or what the moves are either. if they are both creating circus tents how on earth will one of them end up dead?! their moves are never really explained. its ju..."

It is explained later in the book.

message 12: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (allouin) I cracked down and finished the book last night.

Alisha wrote: "I cracked down and finished the book last night."

Wasn't it amazing?

Raychul (rraychul) its fine that it is explained later but when you have read 375 pages and you dont really understand it yet its annoying

Raychul wrote: "its fine that it is explained later but when you have read 375 pages and you dont really understand it yet its annoying"

You have a point somehow although I really really enjoyed the book

Raychul (rraychul) yea i do too. its in my top 10 favourites (: there doesnt seem to be many people participating anymore for this book though ):

message 17: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (allouin) Honestly, I'd probably rate it a 3. It wasn't terrible, but I was having some trouble finishing it.

Ohh,I ADORED IT!!!

Raychul (rraychul) i think part of the problem with this book is that there is no hint about the challenge before reading. and then during reading there is, what, 20 pages actually about the challenge?
i loved the parts about the circus so much but if i didnt i would be have been so disappointed.

Sophie (randomreadingsofafangirl) | 21 comments I still have to finish the last two parts, but this book is amazing for me not because of the action, but just the descriptive magical writing about the circus.

Sophie wrote: "I still have to finish the last two parts, but this book is amazing for me not because of the action, but just the descriptive magical writing about the circus."

I know.I actually adored the book for everything it had<3

message 22: by Kaitlyn (new) - added it

Kaitlyn (khams) | 4 comments Oh my god that twist. Poor isobel. I wasn't expecting her to be so central to holding the circus in balance. I'm worried about all there is to come in the last two parts. I may just have this book finished by tonight.

Raychul (rraychul) i had no idea that isobel was playing such a big role. i was wondering why she was still around until that point