Food Book Club discussion

What do you eat & drink while reading?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (summer654) | 110 comments Mod
What do you eat & drink while reading?

message 2: by Kristy K (new)

Kristy K (kristydanielle14) | 1 comments I usually don't eat anything, as I hate getting crumbs all stuck in the pages hehe. But I always love having either a cup of coffee or tea! How about you?

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 2 comments Usually coffee or tea, sometimes I'll grab a sandwhich, but it has to be something without lots of mayo or oils. Crumbs on the page, I can blow off, but I can't stand oil stains!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3 comments I like to have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine or 2 while I read, depending on the time of day

message 5: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 4 comments Usually something I can eat one-handed, like toast and jam, mixed nuts, dark chocolate--unless I'm in the middle of a thick hardcover that will lay flat when I open it!

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica Quijada (Monikin12) | 3 comments hello!!! i don't eat and drink when i'm reading. For me is so dificult because i'm focus in the book

message 7: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine I don't eat while reading, I collect my books and don't want to get the pages dirty. But I do partake in enjoying a beverage... Coffee first thing in the morning, sitting in my Lazyboy by the fireplace and a good book. Herbal tea with a novel before going to bed. A glass of white or rose, or a great beer with a book at the campsite.

On a particularly cold Sunday evening I may bundle up be the fireplace with a good single malt scotch and a good book.

message 8: by Summer (new)

I don't drink coffee so as far as beverages goes I love to drink tea while reading. And because I am such a foody and I have massive cravings for something sweet, I love to eat chocolate / cookies / candy while reading. Something you can eat with one hand and without watching it =).

message 9: by Stuart (new)

Stuart (asfus) | 5 comments I generally don't eat or drink when I read. Occasionally I might drink a glass of wine.

message 10: by Madhulika (new)

Madhulika Liddle (madhulikaliddle) | 9 comments It really depends - most of the time, I end up reading just before going to bed, so I don't eat or drink anything. Occasionally, though, my day is so rushed, the only time I get to read is while eating lunch - so I do that. But with my book always at a respectful distance from my food.

message 11: by Shemeka (new)

Shemeka Mitchell | 1 comments Coffee in the AM and perhaps a beer at night. It seems to get me in the mood to fantasize!

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) When I dine alone at home I have a book holder that keeps the book open in front of me while I read.

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula (pkalin) Cosmopolitans.

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 6 comments Usually tea, Like to do the whole kettle/teapot brewing thing - but that only works when I am home

message 15: by Deb (new)

Deb (otherdeb) | 17 comments Always have both a hot and a cold beverage handy. For snacking, I usually have either fresh fruit or pistachio nuts.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Shrimp crackers and green tea. The shrimp crackers I buy aren't greasy at all so no residue.

message 17: by Summer (new)

Wow, interesting choice! I love it!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Apples while reading in bed.they do not leave crumbs.

message 19: by Philippe (new)

Philippe Malzieu (malzieu) | 3 comments Green tee or wine. Especially white wine, a viognier, a little cold, for the flavors of walnut and dried fruits. Or a good rosé wine of Provence for the the flavor English candy, cold.

message 20: by Summer (new)

Lucie wrote: "Apples while reading in bed.they do not leave crumbs."

Ha ha Lucie, clever! =)

message 21: by Summer (new)

Philippe wrote: "Green tee or wine. Especially white wine, a viognier, a little cold, for the flavors of walnut and dried fruits. Or a good rosé wine of Provence for the the flavor English candy, cold."

This sounds like a really nice quality time with precious wine and a book.

message 22: by Mickey (last edited Oct 05, 2016 07:08AM) (new)

Mickey Hot coco with added cayenne pepper and espresso powder. I use Alton Brown's Hot Cocoa Mix recipe.

Oolong chai tea is a close second place while reading.

Mixed nuts for a snack sometimes.

message 23: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Rerecic (sr200179) | 2 comments I drink coffee and hot tea mostly.. I like to read in the evenings after dinner when I am winding down my day.

message 24: by Summer (new)

Sandra wrote: "I drink coffee and hot tea mostly.. I like to read in the evenings after dinner when I am winding down my day."

Sounds wonderful Sandra!

message 25: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 2 comments What am amazing group, big foodie myself :)

In the mornings a black tea with lemon and sugar is a must ( Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire or Typhoo) and at night if in the mood a cold Japanese beer like Asahi as it's very dry and easy to drink.

message 26: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 2 comments Mickey wrote: "Hot coco with added cayenne pepper and espresso powder. I use Alton Brown's Hot Cocoa Mix recipe.

Oolong chai tea is a close second place while reading.

Mixed nuts for a snack sometimes."

Had to google his recipe, wow, never thought to roast milk powder, I actually have some in my pantry as I used it in my bread maker.

message 27: by Abbas (new)

Abbas Bizari (abbasbizari) | 3 comments I usually drink coffee and eat Persian cookies that I love them.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ White wine, sometimes a few crackers or chips.