Christian Readers discussion

Book Discussions > NEW AND EXCITED TO LEARN MORE.. :)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Dyck | 5 comments Hey everybody! Im lisa I just joined this group and am a major bookworm from alberta, Canada. I love christian fiction, devotionals, the Bible well just christan books in general. My all time favorite at the moment is redemming love by francine rivers. I dare someone to challange me with a book equal or better than it haha!

At the moment I am reading the last disciple series by hank hanegraaff and sigmund brouwer! Has anyone read them and wanting to discuss them! I would love to talk about them :)

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Mitchell | 2 comments Hi Lisa! My favorite Christian book is The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. It's non-fiction. A good fiction series (if u haven't read them yet) Is the left behind series. If you are hungry for some good bible meat to chew on, I highly recommend Pastor Jon Courson's bible commentaries. They are fantastic studying tools. Hope that helped some. :)

message 3: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Welcome Lisa.

We bookworms have thousands of awesome options to feed us with Christian truth and inspiration. (and 10's of thousands with false-truths and deception.)
But the fun is in the journey!

I'm trying to read through ALL of Ravi Zacharias' books. Definitely NOT fiction. But essential and fun.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Dyck | 5 comments Thank you!
-Mandy, I did read the first one of the left behind series but I never really got into the rest. I'm not sure, maybe they were just a bit much for me..,
-yes very true Ron! I will have to take a look at his books them

message 5: by MaryAnn (EmilyD1037) (last edited Jun 10, 2015 10:32PM) (new)

MaryAnn (EmilyD1037) Lisa wrote: "Hey everybody! Im lisa I just joined this group and am a major bookworm from alberta, Canada. I love christian fiction, devotionals, the Bible well just christan books in general. My all time favor..."

Have you read her five "un" books based on Biblical women: Unveiled, Unashamed, Unshaken, Unspoken, Unafraid? I haven't read them yet, but was gifted with them last week.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Dyck | 5 comments -Mary Ann, no I haven't but I will have to look into those :) thank you!

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (aeongate) I haven't read Francine Brown, so I really don't know if this book is better or not. It's one of my recent favorites, though, so if you're in the mood for something fragile and beautiful, check out The Beautiful Ache, by Leigh McLeroy.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Dyck | 5 comments Thank you Michael! I will check that out :)

message 9: by Eunji (new)

Eunji Seong | 3 comments I also recommend The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom!
Also God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew

message 10: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 10 comments Lisa wrote: "Hey everybody! Im lisa I just joined this group and am a major bookworm from alberta, Canada. I love christian fiction, devotionals, the Bible well just christan books in general. My all time favor..."

Have you read Karen Kingsbury's Redemption Series beginning with Redemption? It's like counceling while you're reading. I love the intire Baxter Family series (including the follow ups First Born, Sunset, Above the Line and Bailey Flaning)

message 11: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments A friend bought fresh oysters in Wyoming, they looked bad, smelled bad, and tasted bad but it was no deterent from making oyster stew. I'm Elijah of Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord;

message 12: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "...I'm Elijah of Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the p..."

The Holy Spirit through Malachi said quote:

Malachi 4:5 - "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:"

Jesus said quote: Matthew 11:13-14 - "For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, (14) and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come.

message 13: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 12 Robert: Yes I know the KJB of 1611 is a mess. St John 1:21 "---Art thou Elijah? And he saith I am not. Art thou Elijah? And he answered, No. St Matthew 17: 12 "But I say unto you, that Elijah is come already, ---.'13 Then the (Disciples) understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. Did they really understand?
10 "And his disciples asked him, saying, why then say the scribes that Elijah must first come? 11 "And Jesus answered and said unto them Elijah truly shall first come, and restore all things, (Explain the parables that Jesus spoke) Elijah was to come in the last days how could John the baptist be Elijah? The preachers like John to be Elijah, that way no body will rock the boat, that way they can continue to live, lie, and die.

According to Malachi 4:5 there is one prophet left for the great and dreadful day of the Lord; In some KJB of 1611 the name Elijah is Elias?

Luke 4:4 said go by all the Bible. St Matthew 4:4 said go by what came out of the mouth of Jesus. Paul was the devils advocate St John 5:43 and Isaiah 14:13-14 The devil is in mount (all) the churches. with Paul as his advocate. Who does the preachers mention most often?

message 14: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "12 Robert: Yes I know the KJB of 1611 is a mess. St John 1:21 "---Art thou Elijah? And he saith I am not. Art thou Elijah? And he answered, No. St Matthew 17: 12 "But I say unto you, that Elijah is..."

My response: YOU ARE A MESS! Imagine anyone listening to the ungodly likes of you!!!!!

YOU claim to be Elijah!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Now that is FUNNY!

But your grocery bill is probably pretty cheap! How much could wild locusts and honey cost? How much of that could you eat?

message 15: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Mickey what do you plan to do as Elijah?

Chat with 2 people on Goodreads? Kind of anti-climactic don't you think?

message 16: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 14 Robert: They asked John twice if he was Elijah and he said NO. Are you sure you can read.

15 Rod: I have been giving away 5 to 10 books a month. It has went from 150 people a month to 1,018 people that signed up for a free book this month, from Goodreads. Any brianless wonder should be able to tell there is something wrong, with all the religious organizations on the earth. Soon you will hear about me, in the media because truth will prevail. St John 8:45 "And because I (Jesus) tell you the truth, ye believe me not." If they never believed Jesus how can I expect people to believe me, but one of these days it is going to be to late. I am the last hope for mankind, the next verse, when they never heed my warning God is going to put a curse on the earth. Malachi 4:6 I almost forgot the preachers have St John 3:16 No worry, be happy, send money. It was a play on 15 and shouldn't be in the Bible. Read Genesis 6:6

message 17: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle What is your message Elijah? Tell me all about your Jesus!

Any other message is useless and self seeking. Or just repetition. Has God given you special knowledge?

message 18: by Robert (last edited Feb 05, 2016 03:21PM) (new)

Mickey wrote: "14 Robert: They asked John twice if he was Elijah and he said NO. Are you sure you can read.

15 Rod: I have been giving away 5 to 10 books a month. It has went from 150 people a month to 1,018 pe..."

Satan will gladly GIVE AWAY deception... the more people he can drag into hell with him the more he likes it.

So, Mickey THINKS HE IS ELIJAH!

ROFL!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

And he regards himself as god... telling what should or should not be in the Bible!

You know Mickey, there are doctors these days who can help you.

message 19: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 17 Rod: Some like prophecy, family, love, love of money, prosperity Gospel, Revelation and Daniel, reincarnation, 72 virgins, trouble in the financial way, Buda, Hindue, Islam, apocalypse books like Left behind, Paul and his rant, throw water all over them or dunk them like Peter said to do, Trump he said that he was a Presbyterian you know, "drink a little wine, and eat a little cracker." Do you see anything about salvation?"That is all I deal with."

18 Robert: There are two dead preachers on the Radio, and one in his nineties on TV, and as long as the money comes in, we don't know how long they will be ranting. God could never control what was put in the Bible. Jesus spoke in parables representing the sun, I"m a lesser light representing the moon, that explaines the allegorical Word that Jesus spoke. I'm not sure who Pluto is? The Greeks called Pluto the god of the lower world; also called Hades.

message 20: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Endless comedy - thanks Mickey.

message 21: by Robert (new)

Rod wrote: "Endless comedy - thanks Mickey."

It would be funny Rod... except he really believes his nonsense.

message 22: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle It is sad - he needs help. He is like so many charismatics who suffer from self importance and delusions of Greatness and power.

They are easy to spot - they seldom discuss Jesus our Savior, Lord, King, Lamb, Lion AND God.

message 23: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 20-22 I have four nonfiction books that I spent over $50,000 of my hard earned money, and that is all I discuss is Jesus our Savior, Lord, King, Lamb, Lion, AND God. The first nonfiction book is out in the sixth garage I have six, God has provided for me Very, very, well without a basket. When the editors got done with it I never recognized my own book. they asked a Lutheran Church paster if what I said was possible? He said NO. The second nonfiction book, the next day when the contract ran out they sent me my 300 nonfiction books back, and said they never sold any we are terminating our contract. The name of that nonfiction book is, "Elijah The Last Prophet." The next nonfiction book still in print is, "The Way The Truth And The Life" they said they could sell thousands of nonfiction book if I would keep sending them money. My royalty payment for 2015 is $23.78 which they withheld $9.25. My next endeavor was, "Mutton's Decadence" I thought I would give them smut, with only one chapter on religion if that is what people want.

The Galilean (religious book store) in my home town, I asked the owner politely, if he would put my nonfiction religious book in his store? He said Christians will only buy, "fiction religious books like Left Behind" and if you don't leave I'm calling the cops.

The Media, Churches, and Publishing have a standard that comes from what Paul and his disciples said, so it doesn't look like the truth is going to get out to the public unless the sun be darkened, and the moon shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: St Matthew 24:29-30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven; and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I hope you find this amusing.

message 24: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "20-22 I have four nonfiction books that I spent over $50,000 of my hard earned money, and that is all I discuss is Jesus our Savior, Lord, King, Lamb, Lion, AND God. The first nonfiction book is ou..."

My response: What an absolutely FALSE statement!

Jesus said quote: Matthew 4:4 - "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." (NOTE: Jesus was quoting the authority of the Word of God through MOSES in self-defense against satan.)

Mickey claims that the Bible CANNOT be trusted and is NOT TRUE. It has been corrupted.

God says quote: Psalm 12:6-7 - "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. (7) Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation FOR EVER.

Mickey says that God WAS TOO IMPOTENT to keep His PROMISE of PRESERVING His Word FOREVER!

So who will you believe?
GOD
or
Mickey (who thinks he is John the Baptist)

message 25: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 24 Robert: I'm not sure how Moses got in here Jesus wasn't born yet, and He is the only one that spoke the Word that came out of His mouth as in St Matthew 4:4. You must believe that Jesus was God which He's not He was the Son of God. I have been reading The Acts through Jude lately to put the false doctrine in another book. How anybody could believe such drivel I don't know. Luke 4:4 who traveled with Paul said go by all the Bible.

John the baptist died about 2016 years ago show me where I said I thought I was John the Baptist. Elijah or Elias for this generation has nothing to do with the Elijah of the Old Testament. Your asking God who gave man, "free will" not to contaminate the Bible. St John 3:16 is only a play on 15 it shouldn't be in the Bible. Genesis 6:6 It grieved God in His heart that He made man on the earth.

message 26: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "24 Robert: I'm not sure how Moses got in here Jesus wasn't born yet, and He is the only one that spoke the Word that came out of His mouth as in St Matthew 4:4. You must believe that Jesus was God ..."

God says quote: Hebrews 13:8 - "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

message 27: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 26 Robert: That is the trouble with the Bible a person can prove almost anything they want to believe, but is it true. When they asked Jesus what will the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? He said take heed that no man deceive you. At this time was the first time that I ever looked into The Acts -Jude. for my new book. When they used the words Jesus Christ it seemed to always ment God. The angel said His name was Jesus. After I received the Holy Ghost in the mouth St Matthew 3:16 (it never lighting on Him but went in Jesus mouth) every time I started reading The Acts, God made me nauseous until I realized there was something wrong with that part of the Bible. When I did read about Paul's conversion I could see that he never was redeemed. Ezekiel 36:26-27 Happened to me, and it was physical at a gas station after I had left a protestant church's Alter. 12/1 and 12/30/ 1968 I received the Holy Ghost or new Spirit. St John 5:43 and Isaiah 14:13-14 Paul was the advocate for Satan.

message 28: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "26 Robert: That is the trouble with the Bible a person can prove almost anything they want to believe, but is it true. When they asked Jesus what will the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the ..."

My response: You have TROUBLE WITH THE BIBLE because the BIBLE HAS TROUBLE WITH YOU!

You HATE God and His Word because it CONTRADICTS YOUR BELIEFS and YOUR OPINIONS.

Romans 3:4 - "...let God be true, but every man a liar..."

According to God... HE IS TRUE... YOU ARE A LIAR!

I agree with God.

message 29: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 28 Robert: Paul and his disciples said a lot like have faith, grace, walk in righteousness, Peter said dunk them and you will be happy, God killed Ananias he came up short on his tithes but came back to life to give Paul the Holy Ghost, all scripture are inspired by God, tongues is the Holy Ghost, go by what Paul says, love them all and feed the poor, live by faith that was what Leviticus was about, Yes I know he wrote half of the bible.

message 30: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "28 Robert: Paul and his disciples said a lot like have faith, grace, walk in righteousness, Peter said dunk them and you will be happy, God killed Ananias he came up short on his tithes but came ba..."

My response: thanks for your OPINIONS John the Baptist!

LOL!!!!!

message 31: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 30 Robert: Show me? LOL keep it to yourself, if a person speakes the true Gospel, they will be hated by all men. St Matthew 10:22.

message 32: by Robert (last edited Feb 08, 2016 02:37PM) (new)

Mickey wrote: "30 Robert: Show me? LOL keep it to yourself, if a person speakes the true Gospel, they will be hated by all men. St Matthew 10:22."

My response: thanks for your OPINIONS John the Baptist!

LOL!!!!!

If a person like you CLAIMS to be John the Baptist... they will not be taken seriously by all sane people.

message 33: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 32 Robert: I'm not sure how I can get it through your thick head that I never claimed I was John the Baptist. His salvation was not Jesus way of salvation but Peter in The Acts 2:38 used the same false doctrine and there are church denominations that would die for Peters false doctrine. The United Penticostal Church is one of them.

message 34: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "32 Robert: I'm not sure how I can get it through your thick head that I never claimed I was John the Baptist. His salvation was not Jesus way of salvation but Peter in The Acts 2:38 used the same f..."

Try actually READING Peter's sermon (Acts 2:14-36). After the Gospel was preached the people responded in Acts 2:37 and then Peter taught Acts 2:38.

Peter's sermon contained the SAME Gospel as ALL post-resurrection evangelists preached.

But you cannot understand this. (1 Cor. 2:14)

message 35: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 34 Robert: The preachers don't have a clue how the, "Spirit of God " is received. Jesus received it in the mouth when coming out of the water of John's baptism. I received it in the mouth when God put a vision on me to get my mouth open in a 1959 Ford Thunderbird going to work.. This happened 30 days after I was born again, at the age of 31, and my body was clean from fasting Etc. St Matthew 20:23 A person will receive it the same way that Jesus received baptism of the Holy Ghost. "Spirit of God"

It doesn't matter to me what ALL post-resurrection evangelists preached, they never had a clue, such as my dad, he was an ordained Assembly of God minister for about 5 years, when I was a child.

Back to John the Baptist they asked him TWICE if he was Elijah and he said NO. No is only two letters.

message 36: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "34 Robert: The preachers don't have a clue how the, "Spirit of God " is received. Jesus received it in the mouth when coming out of the water of John's baptism. I received it in the mouth when God ..."

My response: thanks for your "OPINIONS" John the Baptist