Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny (veteran1976) | 141 comments I know I have an answer to this somewhere, but I'm so disorganized I'm going to ask this question yet again. Hopefully, someone won't mind answering it (I'll write down the answer this time, promise!). How do you put the actual picture of the cover of a book in a posting, etc.?

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 13 comments Right above this comment box is the 'add book/author' link...click on it and make your choices... :)

message 3: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2471 comments Mod
When you click on the add book/author feature and the search box comes up, at the bottom it says add, with your options being link or cover.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine | 145 comments This is not an option if you use the Goodreads app.

message 5: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (oldemill) | 204 comments I am too new to this and don't seem to be up to speed yet . Fortunately I have two or more books left in the series that I posted, and especially in the coffeehouse mysteries chosen by Mary W for me. I thought I was supposed to post my favorites, so next month I will get it right.
However, I don't know how to post a choice for Linda or thank Mary, I go to a post buy Anna Catharina. Can't tell what I am doing wrong here. I am uusing a Galaxy tablet . . . Could that be it? If so, can you let Linda know that I choose the Daisy G series for her. Also, I hope that she enjoys her cruise.

message 6: by Nell (last edited Feb 22, 2016 11:27AM) (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
Jeanne wrote: "I am too new to this and don't seem to be up to speed yet . Fortunately I have two or more books left in the series that I posted, and especially in the coffeehouse mysteries chosen by Mary W for m..."

Anna Catharina's post may have been the most recent one on the March serial reader thread. If you click on 'newest', it takes you to the unread comments. Does the comment box show up on your tablet?

I copied your choices to the Serial Reader discussion.

message 7: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (oldemill) | 204 comments Nell wrote: "Jeanne wrote: "I am too new to this and don't seem to be up to speed yet . Fortunately I have two or more books left in the series that I posted, and especially in the coffeehouse mysteries chosen ..."

Yes, the comment box did show up. I thought it meant that I was replying to that post. So sorry, I'll get the hang of it yet.

message 8: by Nell (last edited Feb 23, 2016 03:36AM) (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
If you click on reply at the bottom of someone's post and then type a comment, it shows up like your post just above this one with a few lines from the other post.

If you just type in the comment box, it's a new comment and displays like your comment in message 5.

Goodreads is new to all of us at first. Yes you'll get the hang of it.

message 9: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
Jeannie wrote: "I don't know how to put the books I want to read on this post. please help!"

Look for 'add book/author' at the top of the comment box. Click on that link and type the book or series title in the search box. To post the book cover, you have to switch from link (title) to cover at the bottom. Then click "Add" next to the book you want to post.

If you want the covers to appear on the same line, put a space between them. If you want to start a different row, press enter.

Books may not appear in series order. Put your mouse over the bookc cover to see what # in the series each book is.

message 10: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 624 comments Does anyone know how to post a photo on to Goodreads?

message 11: by Nell (last edited Oct 01, 2017 02:56AM) (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
MadameZelda wrote: "Does anyone know how to post a photo on to Goodreads?"

Click on (some html is ok) in the upper right hand corner of the comment box and follow the directions for how to post an image. It's similar to posting a website link. The picture can be sized to fit.

btw - I've found this easier to do from my desktop computer than from my tablet.

message 12: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 624 comments The example says to type the goodreads link.

So I type the Goodreads link first and then the image's link? Is there an equal sign between the two links?

message 13: by Nell (last edited Oct 01, 2017 10:39AM) (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
That's just an example of what the format looks like. Substitute the image link for the GR link between the quotation marks

"insert link".

message 14: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 624 comments Nell, I will try it!

message 15: by Zermeena (new)

Zermeena | 385 comments Help! I'm trying to shelve a different edition of a book I have already ready. I can't figure how to do this from the GR help. Can anyone please help me.
Thanks

message 16: by L J (last edited Oct 20, 2020 06:38PM) (new)

L J | 596 comments Zermeena wrote: "Help! I'm trying to shelve a different edition of a book I have already ready. I can't figure how to do this from the GR help. Can anyone please help me.
Thanks"

To add another edition of a book you already have
go to the book page
select "all editions"
click on edition you wish to add
on that editions page: from the drop down menu select an exclusive shelf other than the one showing where the other edition is
example: if other edition is on "read" shelf put new edition on "to read" once you have done that you can move it to "read shelf" and add date read, rating, etc. if you wish
If you want to check to be sure you have both check "all editions"

You can add more editions or formats as needed. I have books where I have paperback, kindle and audio.

message 17: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 11 comments L J wrote: "To add another edition of a book you already have
go to the book page
select "all editions"
click on edition you wish to add..."

That's interesting, I didn't know you could do that. Thank-you LJ.

message 18: by Zermeena (new)

Zermeena | 385 comments L J wrote: "Zermeena wrote: "Help! I'm trying to shelve a different edition of a book I have already ready. I can't figure how to do this from the GR help. Can anyone please help me.
Thanks"

To add another ed..."

Thank you LJ! It worked beautifully 😊!

message 19: by L J (new)

L J | 596 comments Ruth wrote: "L J wrote: "To add another edition of a book you already have
go to the book page..."

That's interesting, I didn't know you could do that. Thank..."

Zermeena wrote: "L J wrote: "Zermeena wrote: "Help! I'm trying to shelve a different edition of a book I have already ready. I can't figure how to do this from the GR help....

Thank you LJ! It worked beautifully 😊! "

You are very welcome!

message 20: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
Post from Karen:

Off topic, but does anyone know why GR keeps logging me out? It just started happening this week. Usually I'm logged in (for multiple tabs) until I either log out or close the entire browser session(s) -- regardless of my activity level.

This past week, I get logged out seemingly from inactivity and it's annoying. I find I'm logging in every time I access the site whether I leave a page open or link to GR from an e-mail.

Anyone else having the issue?

And, yes, I have check the box saying to stay logged in.

message 21: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 53 comments I’m having the same problem Nell. I keep repeatedly having to login over & over. It’s very annoying.

message 22: by Barb (new)

Barb | 773 comments I've heard that complaint from folks in several other GR groups, but it hasn't happened to me... yet.

message 23: by L J (last edited Apr 29, 2022 01:04PM) (new)

L J | 596 comments In discussion elsewhere it was theorized this may be glitch caused by anti-spam efforts but who knows? Help has provided no answers despite multiple reports of the problem. Some are also complaining about being required to change password, still having the sign-in problem but even they are receiving no answers.

As admittedly paranoid former IT I find this troubling.

message 24: by Barb (new)

Barb | 773 comments I got the "change your password" notice last night, telling me to choose a password that's unique, not used anywhere else. My GR password *was unique!

It wouldn't let me do anything until I changed my password, so I requested the code for a temporary password, "changed" it to exactly what it was before, and it saved the "new" password without any trouble. Very tedious and time consuming when all I wanted to do was look up one book *sigh*

message 25: by Zermeena (new)

Zermeena | 385 comments I'm back to ask the same question I asked a couple of years ago. How do I shelve a different edition of a book I have already read? Now when I follow the instructions LJ gave me in message 16 it switches me to a different edition.