SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

Random Chats > Can you please clarify your answer...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Feliks, Moderator (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:15AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 1098 comments Mod
Folks, looking at the poll-page results so far invokes some curiousity (in me) towards one minor point.

There's a question which asks 'do you read more classic titles or more modern titles?' and the consensus so far is that y'all prefer classic action reads.

Does that mean you:

(1) Gravitate more towards authentic classic-era authors such as Eric Ambler who wrote at the time about WWII-settings of danger and intrigue?

(2) Or, does it mean you *would* read a new release book by a contemporary author if he makes the setting WWII, as opposed to contemporary-specific action tales? In other words, you merely want your action tales set in an older timeperiod?

Or, does it mean you:

(3) tilt towards 'classic authors' simply meaning that you drift towards the more older, more established, more respected, names in the genre ?

Thanks for clarifying your opinion on this matter. Those of you who have not taken any of the polls, feel free to jump in as well with any remark or comment.

Feliks

message 2: by Feliks, Moderator (last edited Apr 26, 2015 02:27PM) (new)

Eh. Seven people read this post but no one wants to tell me their specific shade-of-opinion on this quite simple matter? Sigh..! I know we have lurkers in the group but no need to be THIS timid.. :*\

message 3: by Doubledf99.99 (new)

Doubledf99.99 | 95 comments I can't remember how I voted on that one..

message 4: by Feliks, Moderator (new)

So just pick up the thread from where I laid it down. No need to go back and ponder. Take me at my word, pod nuh

message 5: by Cphe (new)

Cphe | 15 comments (3) tilt towards 'classic authors' simply meaning that you drift towards the more older, more established, more respected, names in the genre ?

1/ - I prefer the books - you know the style and quality.

2/ normally very little issue with the story and delivery.

3/ rarely "backlash" when reviewed.

4/you tend as a reader to know what you are getting - tried and true.

message 6: by Feliks, Moderator (new)

Well. THANK YOU.

:D