Tħe Wıт¢ħeš øf Gяıeναи¢e Rıđge discussion

Introduction > Questions and Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 170 (170 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 1958 comments Mod
I like to ensure that everyone is comfortable with things and that everyone understands the way things work. Really good questions that I feel will be asked again by those who refuse to read through previous comments and post will be posted here. Really good suggestions will be followed through with. I believe in constructive growth and critiques. If you hate something give me a critique abotu what it is that you hate about it so much. I love a good argument and can't wait to see what you can challenge me with to make sure everyone...or mostly everyone in the group is satisfied or as the saying goes, "A happy camper."

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Good Frequently Asked Questions

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Is there a face claim thread? If not could you please make one...

message 4: by Jacob (new)

Oh yeah duh thnx

message 5: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Np :)

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) What is the life span of a witch? Same as a regular human, or...?

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Mostly to the same extent as mortals. They stay younger longer unless they abuse their abilities which takes a toll on their lifespan and makes them age quicker. Normally a fifty year old can appear to only be thirty or even forty...while if power is abused they are lucky to look fifty at thirty. The power used alone can drain a life force which makes it good to be around Ascended Witches who possess Vitalum Vitalis which can lead to the balance of a life force, but such a thing would come with a price. Once an addict to power always an addict to power. Eventually, those who can help won't due to tireless strain on their own powers.

message 9: by Jacob (new)

To me a seer would definitely be an Elitist so she would be 27+

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) Just to be annoying to ask lots of questions... Would being a Seer be a natural thing? So they'd acquire their abilities naturally as they grew older, or would they be appointed by the High Priestess?
Or do i have it completely wrong?
Sorry :O

message 12: by Jacob (new)

Both are in a way correct.
A true seer can be born...but not hold the position of Seer. While if the Seer has not elected someone to claim their position when they step down the High Priestess will elect one who is most likely a true seer with the gift of sight coming naturally to them.
The current Seer must always have someone who will follow in their footsteps and learn divinations or otherwise one will be elected when they have to step down. Not including the rank of Apprentice, but the seer themselves will have an actual apprentice who will learn how to master the sight should they not already have such a gift when the time come sot be blessed with it by the High Priestess.

Your questions are welcome. I made this topic for a reason so others will not suffer through confusion.

message 13: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments Question: So I know what Familiars are, but what do they do? Like, does having one enhance the witch's powers?

message 14: by Jacob (new)

A Familiar as in old Witch tradition is a messenger, servant, and protector. They will serve the witch and be their companion. They act as guardians and friends whether against their will or of their own accord. After becoming a disgraceful Sleepwalker they are diminished and seen as the lowest rank possible in a Coven. Once they reach their point of a day and a year they are given a master at which point they have earned the respect of the coven once more and are no longer a disgrace. A Witches Familiar is a part of them as much as the Witch is a part of the Familiar. A Familiar to a high rank and title Witch is to be treated with the same respect of the witch in question. This proves their loyalty to the Coven and if they are truly loyal their curse may be removed at a time that the Witch they are bonded to feels that they deserve such a thing, but such an occurrence has never taken place before as most Witches rely so greatly on their Familiar's companionship that they refuse to let them go.

message 15: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 116 comments So, what exactly is a Sleepwalker, and does a familiar always have to be another Witch?

message 16: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments Ooh, I may not be mod but I can answer that!
A sleepwalker is a witch or human that's cursed. They are cursed to be immortal, and transform into an animal (usually cat, dog, bird, snake) at night.
After a year and a day of being turned to a sleepwalker, if they haven't screwed up, they become a Familiar.
A Familiar has control over their shifting, but they are bonded to a witch. Every single familiar has a witch, but not every witch has a familiar. The Familiar is forced to do what their bonded witch tells them, and they have an empathy link.

message 17: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 116 comments Thanks, I guess.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

So I'm confused in the rules when it says no personal characters are allowed?
Does this mean we aren't allowed to make are own templates even if we include everything?
sorry I'm just not a fan of them template because a lot of the characters in the posted template aren't appearing on my computer

message 19: by Jacob (new)

@Fiend
KT has certainly given you the correct information.

@Kaley
I'm sorry to inform you that it is required you use the template that I have provided as far as the inconvenience goes with no being able to see other characters this is a problem that could possibly hold a solution on your part. Are you using a laptop or desktop? Or are you using a handheld device? If you are on the app you are not the first to hold such a complaint as some handheld devices are not compatible with the html that is used on Goodreads.

If it is simple aspects of the template that are not appearing on your computer again apologies go out, but it is still a requirement to use the one I have provided. I can't make any exceptions because that requires me making exceptions out of everyone who wants to do their own template, unfortunately.

I understand if you cannot continue with this group should it persist to be a problem, but As I have made the rules I do enforce them. Perhaps you can discuss the situation with being unable to view others character profiles with an admin. There is a topic in goodreads you will find available to all goodreads members on your personal profile page. Or you can simply google the problem. I again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and I wish only the best of luck in your finds to reaching the solution to this issue.

message 20: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 116 comments So, again because it was missed, do familiars have to be witches?

message 21: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments No. They could have been witches or human. Either way, when being cursed they lose all witch powers.

message 22: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 116 comments Okay, thank you.

message 23: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments No problem :)

message 24: by Jacob (new)

KT actually made a Familiar/Sleepwalker who was mortal if you would like to refer to her character profile.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

No it's fine. I'm on my computer it's just some of the symbols and I believe if you used small caps for the words I wouldn't be able to see it. Could I possibly switch the things I can't read, but keep the majority of it?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really just a couple of the symbols and some of the words.

message 27: by Jacob (new)

Yes but everything else must remain the same. If the template has changed drastically in any way I will have to decline. This includes most fonts.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok thanks

message 29: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments Question
Would it be possible to make a witch that was kicked out of the coven, but is not a Wraith?

message 30: by Jacob (new)

Yes, ◘Right of Dismissal: Should a Witch feel the desire to leave the safety and sanctity of the Coven they hold the right to appeal to the Elders and High Priestess for dismissal and the Banishment of Mnemosyne.

This act is the removal of the persons memories of ever being in the Coven. If you are dismissed through an act of banishment the same laws still apply. the witch will not know who the Coven members are nor will they have any recollection of being in the Coven. they will be left with their knowledge of magic and their powers, but they will have no rank and will be simple Caster's outside of the Coven.

message 31: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments What if she was higher than a Caster? Would she still have the same amount of powers, or would she be reduced back to the five?

message 32: by Jacob (new)

She would be reduced as it is only a position that gives power. Without it one would have to be a Wraith to gain power.

message 33: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1346 comments Alright, gotcha. She'll be epic. Thanks!

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) Do these gifts seem okay for the Seer?

The Sight/Vision
Hydrokinesis (character is a Scorpio)
Thought Casting
Omnilingualism
Enhanced Intelligence
Psychic Navigation
Sense Of Awareness
Lie Detection

And I need one more I think...?

message 35: by Jacob (new)

If it is stronger than the basic Thought Casting all Witches have then it will be called Clairvoyance or Telepathy.

Clarify Sense Awareness.

message 36: by Jacob (new)

Witches already have Enhance Intellect and Heightened Senses in all forms.

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) Okay thanks :)

It's where you're very aware of yourself and surroundings to the point that you don't miss any details and can resist mental control and reality alteration.

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) Jacob wrote: "Witches already have Enhance Intellect and Heightened Senses in all forms."

Okay thank you :)

message 39: by Jacob (new)

okay...and yeah I can't remember every power on my list lol.

k they are fine. after you fix thought casting.

For your ninth power I would try for one of the Seven Trials

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) What about Divination, as the Seer must have that before they become the Seer? Or would that just count under The Sight?

message 42: by Jacob (new)

The Sight always visions of the future, past, or present to pass through the eyes at any given time Divination is reading objects to see into the past and future.

message 44: by Jacob (new)

ya

[ ᴊ ᴏ ʜ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ] "ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ; ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟʟʏ sᴛᴀʀs" (acciokeyboard) Thanks :)

Jacob wrote: "Witches already have Enhance Intellect and Heightened Senses in all forms."

Also, does this mean I need to pick two other ones instead?

Sorry for all the dumb questions XD

message 46: by Jacob (new)

instead of Sense Of Awareness & Enhanced Intelligence

message 48: by Jacob (new)

yes the Seer can be either or.

Puddingtalk (Marie) (puddingtalk) | 14 comments Ok so castors at any level can only have 5 powers? Or does it vary from apprentice to novice to elitist or whatever?

« previous 1 3 4