Making Connections discussion

Traveller's Blues
This topic is about Traveller's Blues
ARCHIVES > Blake Doran doesn't want opinions, he wants the truth

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Chamberlain (andychamberlain) | 9 comments A crew under pressure, a ship at breaking point, a suspicious death that everyone wants to treat as suicide.
And a man determined to find the truth.

Traveller’s Blues is the newScifi mystery short story from Andrew J Chamberlain
presenter of The Creative Writer’s Toolbelt podcast.

message 2: by Jim (last edited May 11, 2015 06:37PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 210 comments Andrew,

The reason no one has responded to your post may be the manner in which the title is worded. A review of any author's work is the personal opinion of the reader. Stating that you want no opinions, contradicts the desire for someone to read and then review (express their opinion) of your book. Perhaps, rewording the title may elicit the reaction you desire. Consider requesting "honest opinions".

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Chamberlain (andychamberlain) | 9 comments Hi Jim,

Doh! I see how this could have been misconstrued. Wow! The very last thing I would want is no opinions - these words are supposed to be a quote from my protagonist, not from me :-) I definitely want opinions, especially reasoned ones - both positive and negative.

I can see exactly why people might read my post in this way now that you've mentioned it, I'll change the way I present this request.

Thanks for pointing this out to me,

Regards
Andy

PS If you are interested in the story (and I do want opinions!) let me know.

Many thanks
Andy

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 210 comments Andrew,

I'm glad you noticed the comment and recognized the intent. We all, at one time or another, fail to note that what we actually say is not exactly what we intended.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Chamberlain (andychamberlain) | 9 comments That's true Jim, thanks