David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1)
This topic is about Ready Player One
Archives (Book of the Month) > May 2015 Book of the Month - Ready Player One

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline Ready Player One won for the May Book of the Month!

Spoilers are welcome but please hide them with spoiler tabs for those who have not read this book.

I LOVED this book when I read it and will be rereading with the group! Enjoy!!! :)

Nancy (paper_addict) Whoot whoot! Finally the book I voted for wins and I already own it but haven't read it yet.

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Awesome Nancy! I voted for it too, hope you like it!

I'm reading it right now, 50% done and very entertained! Such a fun read :) It's very interesting how (view spoiler)

David wrote: "Awesome Nancy! I voted for it too, hope you like it!

I'm reading it right now, 50% done and very entertained! Such a fun read :) It's very interesting how [spoilers removed]"

Oh gosh, now I desperately want to reread this. I forgot all about the minor things! (view spoiler) My copy shipped today! :)

message 5: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

LOL Awesome, Karen! It's been a while since I've had a book that I can't put down. Last night I was so tired but pushed through and read for about an hour and a half. 66% now. I just have to find out what happens next!

message 6: by Storm (new) - added it

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 1130 comments Oh I just bought this, this morning. I got this!

David wrote: "LOL Awesome, Karen! It's been a while since I've had a book that I can't put down. Last night I was so tired but pushed through and read for about an hour and a half. 66% now. I just have to find o..."

I listened to it on audio narrated by WIL WHEATON!! I was fangirling over him the whole way through, let alone how amazing the story was!! :)

message 8: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Cool, Karen!

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Storm wrote: "Oh I just bought this, this morning. I got this!"

Hope you like it as much as me!

I'm at 80% now :) Can't wait to see how this all ends!

message 10: by Storm (new) - added it

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 1130 comments Can't wait to read it with everyone David. ^^

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I'm going to reread it too! I just got a copy at my local used bookstore, and I'm so in the mood to reread it!!

Kellen Korinek I read this at the very end of last year, and it quickly became one of my favorite books of all time. You guys who haven't read it are in for a fun/exciting read. Hope you all enjoy. It's an adventure!

Kellen wrote: "I read this at the very end of last year, and it quickly became one of my favorite books of all time. You guys who haven't read it are in for a fun/exciting read. Hope you all enjoy. It's an advent..."

Agreed, Kellen!! :)

message 14: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

FINISHED! SO GOOD! Everything about the ending was perfect. Loved the twist with (view spoiler)

message 15: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

That was my favorite part too David :)

I started my reread. I was trying so hard to wait until tomorrow. ;)

I'm only 50 pages in but wow, this book has already started the big smiles on my face. The Ladyhawke movie references!! LOVE that movie!

message 17: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane (janeinri) | 52 comments I read this last year for another Goodreads club - now I think I will have to re-read it! I LOVED, LOVED this book. I was raising kids in the '80's, and everything he mentioned I think we owned or friends owned! Such a cool trip down memory lane for those old enough to have lived through it - I know my daughter who was born in 1979 loved this book.

I can't wait for the movie - with Spielberg directing, I think it will be good!

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Awesome, Jane!! I agree, the movie should be really good, my fingers are crossed!

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Karen wrote: "I started my reread. I was trying so hard to wait until tomorrow. ;)

I'm only 50 pages in but wow, this book has already started the big smiles on my face. The Ladyhawke movie references!! LOVE ..."

Ha! Hilarious :)

Oh gosh, JUST finished. I now have a massive headache. I must have been so engrossed, I never felt it coming on. Wow! I love books that can do that to me! ;) I sense a major book hangover!

@Jane, I also was raising a kid in the 80's and I went to a computer programming tech college in 83/84. I owned a couple of those early computers. Hahahah! The Commodore 64, and another one I don't even remember the name of, but it was the model that was a screen and keyboard in one. Gosh, so many memories!!

The 80's - big hair, shoulder pads, great movies and music!! ;-D

This book was soooooo fun!!!

Nancy (paper_addict) Hi reading peeps! I read this in almost one sitting! I had to force myself to put the book down at 12:30am. I finished it this morning first thing when I woke up.

Such a fun book. I need to go back and read your spoilers and come back and post my own comments.

Nancy wrote: "Hi reading peeps! I read this in almost one sitting! I had to force myself to put the book down at 12:30am. I finished it this morning first thing when I woke up.

Such a fun book. I need to go ba..."

Yay Nancy! If I would have waited until the weekend, I would have most likely read it in one day!! It was THAT good to me!

message 23: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I remember reading it really fast the first time I read it too :) LOVE this book!

message 24: by Nancy (last edited May 02, 2015 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nancy (paper_addict) David wrote: "FINISHED! SO GOOD! Everything about the ending was perfect. Loved the twist with [spoilers removed]"

I didn't see that coming either!

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben (bennn) | 16 comments First time joining BOTM, this looks really exciting. I'm gonna get a copy of it. :)

Yay Ben!! I'm excited to see your thoughts!! :)

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Nancy wrote: "David wrote: "FINISHED! SO GOOD! Everything about the ending was perfect. Loved the twist with [spoilers removed]"

I didn't see that coming either!

[spoilers removed]"

Me too, Nancy! They knew each other so much longer so it was awful seeing them not talking.

message 28: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Ben wrote: "First time joining BOTM, this looks really exciting. I'm gonna get a copy of it. :)"

Can't wait to hear what you think, Ben!

message 29: by Storm (new) - added it

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 1130 comments Reading it, on chapter three. Really enjoying the world building and I like Wade.

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Wade is AWESOME. Love him as an MC

message 31: by Storm (new) - added it

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 1130 comments David wrote: "Wade is AWESOME. Love him as an MC"

I really like his turn of phrase and how he's not a newbie to these things, that he's a veteran showing us what he's up to.

The entire time I read this, I could only picture Wesley Crusher as Wade. That's what I get for listening to this a year or so ago with Wil Wheaton as narrator! ;)

message 33: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben (bennn) | 16 comments Thanks David and Karen! I'm on chapter 3 and I'm loving it so far.

message 34: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

AWESOME!

message 35: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben (bennn) | 16 comments I finished it yesterday and I was absolutely in love. It's such a good book! I wrote a short review [x] too. :D

message 36: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben (bennn) | 16 comments Also, I found this. I don't know which thread to share it. It's a book similar to RPO. :) http://solarversia.com/about/

Great review, Ben!! I seriously loved this book so much that I'm tempted to reread it AGAIN, now..! ;-D

And yes, this is a good thread to share about the book Solarversia by Toby Downton . Great cover too! Looks interesting.

message 38: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Awesome review!! So glad you enjoyed it!

message 39: by Caedy (last edited May 26, 2015 04:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 151 comments I seriously love this book. I might have to re-read it. Read it shortly after it came out and grabbed it again last year from my local library, but never got a chance to finish it (for whatever reason).