Complicit Complicit question

Ending?!?
Hana Hana (last edited Apr 23, 2015 04:46PM ) Apr 23, 2015 04:44PM
First off, even though the ending was totally disturbing, Complicit was ASTOUNDING. The thing is, I don't get what happened at the end! All I know is that, it was not a happy ending, and it was disturbing. Horrifying. What happened to Cate? Did she die? Does Jamie understand who/what he is? Does he just go on with his life despite of what he did?!?! Does he finally have control??? Ugh so many questions!!!! The rest of the story I understood well. It's just the ending and it is driving me crazy!!

Jamie killed Cate and sent texts to himself to frame him for suicide. A lot of it is left up to the imagination, so you can make up an ending for yourself.

Hana wrote: "First off, even though the ending was totally disturbing, Complicit was ASTOUNDING. The thing is, I don't get what happened at the end! All I know is that, it was not a happy ending, and it was dis..."

I'm not sure about the ending either. I think that Cate ran and committed suicide but I think Jamie might have too, by jumping off that cliff. I think that last chapter is Jamie's life flashing before his eyes like in a lot of books, but it's open to interpretation.