Shelf Respect discussion

All the Light We Cannot See
This topic is about All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See > What do you think of the author’s decision to flash forward at the end of the book? Did anything surprise you? Did it give you any closure?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't gotten to the end yet, but I'm looking forward to your answers!

Katie Burnett (katieburnett) | 8 comments Mod
I don't want to share any spoilers, so I'll just be vague. I liked that it went as far ahead as it did, and it did give some closure. Although there were some characters that I would've like to have known more about.

Lauren Wertz | 6 comments The flashing forward at the end did give me closure for the story as a whole, which I always love. I did have a couple of minor issues with how a couple of the characters interacted with each other at that point in time, but I'll save that discussion for when Rashael finishes the book :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the flash forward because I was curious how everyone ended up. I was surprised by Volkheimer's visit to Jutta, and I was hoping for more of a stories-about-Werner moment between them that never came. Also the visit with Marie-Laure was a strange one. It definitely didn't accomplish what I thought it would.

Lauren Wertz | 6 comments Yes! This was my problem with the flash forward. There was so much to be said that wasn't, and I hated that.