What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. recent book regarding the world of publishing. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flo (new)

Flo (floadargmailcom) | 44 comments I heard of this novel when it first came out a few months ago and thought it sounded interesting. It must be by a rather well known author or I would have made a note of it.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Fiction? Nonfiction? How to get published?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Also, I'm deleting your duplicate post. Add new comments to this thread. Otherwise it gets very confusing!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann Perrigo | 19 comments Kate wrote: "Fiction? Nonfiction? How to get published?"

Original post specified "novel".

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments The Publicist - but i don't think she was well-known

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 117 comments Was it a mystery - maybe Barbara Rogan's A Dangerous Fiction: A Mystery?

message 7: by Flo (new)

Flo (floadargmailcom) | 44 comments Thank you all for trying to find this for me. It seemed to be a novel and not non-fiction. I also think the writer was interviewed and asked why she wrote a novel about the publishing world when she herself was an author (ie, it might backfire?). That was the sense I got of this quote. When it's a well-known author I don't make a note of it because I figure I'll come across it anyway. I forget that I forget things nowadays, names of authors, names of books--something that could never happen to me a few years ago. So now I write everything down! I will keep looking. Again, thank you.

message 8: by Flo (new)

Flo (floadargmailcom) | 44 comments After a little surfing you will be glad to know that I found the book I was looking for. I started clicking on my favorite authors in Fantastic Fiction until I got to Edward St. Aubyn and saw his latest book, It's Lost for Words. I was under the impression it was by a woman, but I was wrong. I definitely need to write things down from now on. Thanks for your interest.

message 9: by Flo (new)

Flo (floadargmailcom) | 44 comments Now how do I post this in SOLVED? Can anyone help?

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Flo, glad you found your book!

I moved your request to the "Adult Fiction-SOLVED" folder (by clicking the "Edit" link at the top beside the topic title using the desktop site, not the mobile site).