HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > How much do the main characters in the books influence your reading decisions?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1164 comments Mod
The feelings and thoughts of some readers regarding a certain book are greatly influenced by the personalities and actions of the main characters in the story.

On the other hand, there are those to whom the main characters have little or no impact on their decision to avoid, continue, or stop reading a specific book.

Anyway, I thought that it might be interesting to discuss how much the main characters influence our reading decisions.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont know if I can really answer that. The main character wouldn't be a main character without all other characters and aspects of the book. A well wrote put together story that keeps you engaged is most important to me.

message 3: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (ladyofbookscoffee) For me it's the overall story that influences my reading choices, but I would say that I like to see characters whether main or not to go through rah of their own journeys. I also like characters that are flawed. So I guess the thing that most influences my reading choices are characters that are perfect.

message 4: by Dorottya (new)

Dorottya (dorottya_b) | 12 comments In my reading decisions, not too much... maybe only that if I see a bad trope, I am less likely to get the book (like tattoed guy = bad guy). When I am reading, though, I like the "positive" characters to be really positive... not perfect, but at least having values. I also like it when a main heroine is not a dumb pushover who needs male help every single time.