Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Problem with Amazon link and new book covers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Fleming | 15 comments Hi,

I’ve just added new editions to my two existing books (both Kindle only, at the moment) because I updated with better covers.

When creating new editions, the system did not allow me to assign the existing ASIN number so even though I’ve made them my primary editions, when clicking on ‘Amazon UK’ link, you aren’t linked directly to the book’s page on Amazon, but just to a list which includes the books.You then have to find it yourself.

I have already made both these new editions the primary editions on Goodreads.

I would be grateful if a librarian could help me out by either doing this for me or please tell me how to do it for myself.

The books and editions in question are:

The Storyteller’s Book: amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KX1QFU0 April 13th 2015

The Mines of Kothkish: amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PKGVDTG April 15th 2015

Thanks for your help,

Kevin Fleming

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments You can not move the ASIN to the new edition. The Amazon link would use the Title, since there is no ASIN assigned.

I did mark them as ACEs (Alternate Cover Editions) referencing the ASIN. So, somebody who wants could use the Kindle link under the original version, or just do a title search using the button under the new version.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Fleming | 15 comments Ok, thanks for the info and marking them as ACE.

Your help is appreciated.

Kevin

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Kevin wrote: "Ok, thanks for the info and marking them as ACE.

Your help is appreciated.

Kevin"

No problem, if you mark them in a manner similar to what I did, then people will know the ASIN/ISBN, even if it is not attached to the record.