Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Format

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6773 comments Is it possible to put the drop down list in alphabetical order? After Paperback and Hardcover, which I can see having at the top (like the 5 most popular languages in the language section), it would be much easier to find what I'm looking for if they were in some sort of logical order. They seem to be just random and finding what I'm looking for is harder (not truly hard, would like it easy).

Yes, this is a Feedback issue, but one that primarily affects librarians. If you have interest in the above, please the the Feedback Thread with the above request.

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I just hit h for hardcover k for kindle and so on when I hit the drop down goes to the right format.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
The order is actually not random. The three most common formats are first. Then the e-formats in a group. The audio formats are also in a group. And then the less common formats.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6773 comments rivka wrote: "The order is actually not random. The three most common formats are first. Then the e-formats in a group. The audio formats are also in a group. And then the less common formats."

Library Binding is stuck between the ebooks and audios - and the different CD formats are not together. It's just not user friendly. At least not to this user. Fortunately the list is not long, and this most certainly isn't the biggest problem. Just on my wish list. ;-)

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Library Binding is stuck between the ebooks and audios"

Yeah, not sure why that one is there.