What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

11 Harrowhouse
This topic is about 11 Harrowhouse
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 60s Mystery/Spy/Thriller (Actually 70s it turns out). A thief/spy, his girlfriend/accomplice and an inside man that works for a jewelry firm. They plot to steal a large amount of jewels. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bargle (last edited Apr 21, 2015 04:58PM) (new) - added it

Bargle | 1220 comments Ok, I read this back in the late 60s, sometime between 1966 and 1969. Three main characters. A thief/spy, his girlfriend/accomplice and an inside man that works for a jewelry firm. They plot to steal a large amount of jewels. The inside man is ill and has been denied disability/retirement by the firm because he is slightly short of some minimum number of years worked, causing him to greatly resent them.

(view spoiler) That's all I remember.
I thought it was Deadfall by Desmond Cory, but I got that book from the library and it doesn't match.

I think the person in the thread below is looking for the same book. It's also not "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold".

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Bargle (last edited Apr 28, 2015 08:49AM) (new) - added it

Bargle | 1220 comments Possibly solved. 11 Harrowhouse by Gerald A. Browne. Suggested by BillyGlenn over at the IMDb. I'm getting a copy through the library to definitely confirm that it's the right one, so I'll leave this here for the time being.
I apparently conflated it with the earlier book by Cory, since both involved complex jewel thefts.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Let's move this to the "Possibly Solved" folder for now. Feel free to move it back to "Unsolved" or a "Solved" folder when you learn more. Hope it's the one!

message 4: by Bargle (last edited May 07, 2015 08:34AM) (new) - added it

Bargle | 1220 comments It's "11 Harrowhouse".
I was off a bit on the details, but that's definitely it.