Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Speaking in Bones (Temperance Brennan, #18)
This topic is about Speaking in Bones
Book Issues > 'Kindle eBook' button links to wrong book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C (new) - added it

C (gabby98) | 4 comments The Kindle eBook Button for this book links to a book, Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I opened both kindle editions, and clicked the amazon button, and they both went to the right books.

Could you provide a link to the exact book you are having an issue with. The one linked to in the Thread title, is not always the edition you selected.

message 3: by C (new) - added it

C (gabby98) | 4 comments It's the book here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Then where it says "Get a Copy" there is a button that says "Kindle eBook $3.99". When I click that button it takes me to the other book.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 106 comments Philip wrote: "I opened both kindle editions, and clicked the amazon button, and they both went to the right books.

Could you provide a link to the exact book you are having an issue with. The one linked to in t..."

Philip, when you're looking at a non-Kindle edition on GR, there will often be a "Kindle eBook" button which should take you to the Kindle edition on Amazon, even though you weren't looking at the Kindle edition on GR. It's just a way for Kindle users to quickly go to the Kindle edition on Amazon without having to find the right Kindle edition on GR. Very useful for Kindle users.

So if you're looking at the hardcover edition of Speaking in Bones on GR and click "Kindle eBook", it takes you to an entirely incorrect book on Amazon.

I'm not sure that this is something a Librarian can fix though, since I don't know how the system finds the Kindle version without the ASIN.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42421 comments Mod
Robin wrote: "I'm not sure that this is something a Librarian can fix though"

It is not. For issues with that button, users are advised to use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

message 6: by C (new) - added it

C (gabby98) | 4 comments Robin wrote: "Philip wrote: "I opened both kindle editions, and clicked the amazon button, and they both went to the right books.

Could you provide a link to the exact book you are having an issue with. The one..."

Oh, OK...Ty Robin, I had not realized that the button was not always there.

message 7: by C (new) - added it

C (gabby98) | 4 comments rivka wrote: "Robin wrote: "I'm not sure that this is something a Librarian can fix though"

It is not. For issues with that button, users are advised to use the Contact Us link on the Help page."

Oh, OK...sorry