Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

The Journeyman (The Commons, #1)
This topic is about The Journeyman
Current projects > A Nice Reason for Being Distracted

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Peck (MichaelAlanPeck) | 25 comments I was all set to hunker down and continue organizing the second book in this trilogy. However, my discipline was torpedoed by the announcement that I made the finals in the Soon to be Famous Illinois Author Project (http://soontobefamous.info), which is a contest put together by the state's libraries.

Librarians rule.

Now how am I supposed to concentrate?

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
Wow! Congrats, Michael! :)

message 3: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Peck (MichaelAlanPeck) | 25 comments Thanks, Christina. They announce the winner at a reception on April 16, which is a very long time for me to keep my fingers crossed. But I'm up to the challenge.

message 4: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (GGAtcheson) | 200 comments Oh Congrats, Michael! And good luck! :)

message 5: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Peck (MichaelAlanPeck) | 25 comments Thank you, G.G.

message 6: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments Good luck with the contest, though if you want to get over the distraction you might want to whack your thumb with a hammer and then have a wodka chaser.

I promise it will take your mind off the contest for a while.

message 7: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Peck (MichaelAlanPeck) | 25 comments A hammer I have, but I'm more of a bourbon man. Nevertheless, I'm sensitive to the importance of sticking with a recipe, so I'm off to grab some wodka.

Thanks, R.F.G.!

message 8: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments Not a problem on alkohol of choice, as I'll pop the top on a High Life in your honor after I've made this afternoon's store run.

It's nice to see an indie get some recognition.

message 9: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Peck (MichaelAlanPeck) | 25 comments Actually, that's the great thing about this contest: it's indie-only. From what I can gather, the librarians came up with it as a way to counter and draw attention to what they see as the big publishers' gouging of libraries when it comes to ebooks.

message 10: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 283 comments Congrats, Michael. Best of luck with the contest.

message 11: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments Michael wrote: "Actually, that's the great thing about this contest: it's indie-only. From what I can gather, the librarians came up with it as a way to counter and draw attention to what they see as the big publishers' gouging of libraries when it comes to ebooks. "

Congrats, and in honor of the occasion I picked up a pre-Prohibition style lager.

message 12: by K. (new)

Caffee K. (KCaffee) | 461 comments Huge congratulations, Michael.

As for concentrating, just use the floaty feeling of being out on cloud nine to move you forward?

message 13: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Peck (MichaelAlanPeck) | 25 comments Not a bad piece of advice, K., and thanks. Giving it a try now.

message 14: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (KP_Merriweather) | 189 comments woot congrats!