Adventures With Words discussion

What are you reading in February 2015?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa W (new)

Melissa W (melissawiebe80) | 2 comments Not sure if I can do this, but I will kick of the February thread.

Here is what I am currently reading:
Madame Picasso
Fall on Your Knees
While We're Far Apart
The Book of Strange New Things

and hopefully I'll be starting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince sometime soon.

message 2: by Rob (new)

Rob (robchilver) | 19 comments Mod
Thanks for kicking us off for Feb! I've been busy reading my books for Hear Read This so far.

I'm going to be interest to hear thoughts on The Book of Strange New Things.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 4 comments A lot of snow days here, so have done a lot of reading. :)

Of what I've read recently, I've really enjoyed "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven and "The Unquiet Dead" by Ausma Zehanat Khan.

Also liked "Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins.

Really disliked "Wildalone" by Krassi Zourkova.

Right now I'm reading "We Are Called to Rise" by Laura McBridge and so far I'm really liking it.

And I'm very excited to be rereading Harry Potter with my daughter (she's seven and is loving the books too). We're on the second book now.

message 4: by scott (new)

scott (scottbdz) | 9 comments Dies Girl on the Train meet the level of hype/buzz?

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 4 comments While I liked "Girl on the Train", I don't think it met the level of hype surrounding it. It's been compared to "Gone Girl", which is an apt comparison given how unlikeable the characters are and it is a quick, engaging read. But it was lacking that extra something for me to make it a solid five star read and a book I recommend to everybody.

message 6: by scott (new)

scott (scottbdz) | 9 comments Interesting. Quite the buzz.

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 4 comments I see a lot of my friends giving it five stars - so a lot of people are loving it.

I think it's interesting what books catch on and which ones don't. Somebody did a brilliant job with the marketing campaign for this one!

message 8: by Rob (new)

Rob (robchilver) | 19 comments Mod
I'm back to reading The Secret Place by Tana French. A murder at an all-girls school takes place and the police revisit it after a year. Taken an interesting twist with mentions of witchcraft...

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1 comments Bring Up the Bodies, Serena and The Miniaturist

message 10: by scott (new)

scott (scottbdz) | 9 comments Bringing up the bodies and the miniaturist were both excellent.