Veronica Mars Book Club discussion

Mr. Kiss and Tell > MKAT Chapter 9-Chapter 16

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Neptune Rising (new)

Neptune Rising | 587 comments Mod
#VMBookClub Mr. Kiss and Tell session #2 starts 2/8/15 at 5pmPST discussing Chapter 9-16.

message 2: by Neptune Rising (new)

Hi, Crew! How is everyone doing? Good weekend? Thank you for joining us for the second session of VMBC. Rose here and I'll admit I'm a bit nervous r but I know Yall will help me out...

message 3: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I'm here too!

message 4: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Good weekend! Getting clobbered again with snow though!

message 5: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Hey Ladies, I made it!

message 6: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments yayy can't wait!

message 7: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments We have rain here, finally!

message 8: by Neptune Rising (new)

Good to see Yall, I'm trying to respond to individuals but having some trouble.
Let's get to it... Chapter. 9 *Veronica interviews Grace*

How suspicious are we about Grace? does her wanting to hide the identity of her boyfriend so badly seem unusual?

message 9: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Secrecy is never a good sign in VM world.

message 10: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Good to see Yall, I'm trying to respond to individuals but having some trouble.
Let's get to it... Chapter. 9 *Veronica interviews Grace*

How suspicious are we about Grace? does her wanting to hi..."

definitely raised suspicion. While reading this chapter, I thought "SHE'S LYING! SHE WAS MEETING WITH DUNCAN." lolol idk where my mind was.

message 11: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter.9 "I thought you were a big hero." -Grace
Do you think Veronica could have done more to help Grace? If so, what?

message 12: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments She definitely didn't seem like she was on the up and up.

message 13: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.9 "I thought you were a big hero." -Grace
Do you think Veronica could have done more to help Grace? If so, what?"

Being the resourceful Veronica she is, she probably could have done more. Kind of had a lot on her plate at the time though.

message 14: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.9 "I thought you were a big hero." -Grace

So sad when she said that. And that she expected Veronica to come back for her.
I think it should have been up to Lamb to do something to help her, esp. considering his history. But, it was Lamb.

message 15: by Neptune Rising (new)

After Graces episode and they told the police about the room. I honestly never thought about it again.

message 16: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.9 "I thought you were a big hero." -Grace

that broke my heart :( I was surprised V didn;t follow up on her in the show.

message 17: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I had always assumed Lamb did do something since this hit close to home for him. Now it is possible he did get CPS involved and they just didn't have evidence.

message 18: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments "You get tough. You get even."
Glad they included Veronica's motto in this chapter

message 19: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter.10 -Veronica talks to Petra Landros, who seems very calm. It's s a little unnerving. "It's not that I'm cavalier about a crime happening at my hotel. But I trust you understand.The business side of this will be handled dispassionately as possible."
As a woman, I think Petra's attitude is awful. Thoughts?

message 20: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.10 -Veronica talks to Petra Landros, who seems very calm. It's s a little unnerving. "It's not that I'm cavalier about a crime happening at my hotel. But I trust you understand.The business..."

As a man, it doesn't come off much better.

message 21: by Neptune Rising (new)

@tinkmars GREAT POINT!

message 22: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments Yeah but I don't want to get into a whole "gender in business leadership" discussion because I've actually been talking about this with my high school students for the last couple weeks, lol. There's a great NY Times series out about it.

message 23: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments Anyway, Petra's attitude is about what I expected.

message 24: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Leigh wrote: "Anyway, Petra's attitude is about what I expected."

agreed.

message 25: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Leigh wrote: "Anyway, Petra's attitude is about what I expected."

yup you are so right

message 26: by Neptune Rising (new)

chapter.11- Keith continues to investigate claims against the Neptune Sheriffs Department. He hoped to prove that Deputy Harlon was part of a pattern of planted evidence. But he isn't making much progress. The hairdresser he interviews worries about her children being taken away by CPS. Thoughts?

message 27: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Clearly the Sheriff's Dept still have people intimidated and scared. I thought it was sad that at the end of the chapter they not Keith checking the street for oncoming trucks. Clearly he's still worried for his safety, too.

message 28: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "chapter.11- Keith continues to investigate claims against the Neptune Sheriffs Department. He hoped to prove that Deputy Harlon was part of a pattern of planted evidence. But he isn't making much p..."

Obstacles. Lamb-sized obstacles. But Keith will get to the bottom of it. (With a Veronica assist, of course.) I have confidence.

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 57 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "chapter.11- Keith continues to investigate claims against the Neptune Sheriffs Department. He hoped to prove that Deputy Harlon was part of a pattern of planted evidence. But he isn't making much p..."

Yeah when kids are in danger you don't want to make it any worse! Even if over all the outcome will be better. Tough spot to be in!

message 30: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Should say they show Keith checking the street. LOL! Bad typo there!

message 31: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 57 comments Hello, better late than never. Haha. Gotta watch simpsons.

message 32: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter.12 Logan is learning Arabic. Veronica Attends St.Mary's church. Veronica runs into Weevel's wife Jade.Jade is not happy to see V.
Did you agree with Jade's reaction? (I know she is feeling very hurt and placing blame on Veronica.)

message 33: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments I totally understand how Jade is feeling, but Weevil is a big boy, he's made his own decisions.
Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.12 Logan is learning Arabic. Veronica Attends St.Mary's church. Veronica runs into Weevel's wife Jade.Jade is not happy to see V.
Did you agree with Jade's reaction? (I know she is feeling..."

message 34: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter.12
With Veronica returning to St.Mary's for the first time in FOREVVVER(sorry, had to do it), was anyone thinking thAt the Fitzpatrick family was somehow involved in the case?

message 35: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.12 Logan is learning Arabic. Veronica Attends St.Mary's church. Veronica runs into Weevel's wife Jade.Jade is not happy to see V.
Did you agree with Jade's reaction? (I know she is feeling..."

Logan learning another language? After seeing him create a website about butts in college, this was pretty cool to see.

message 36: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments I don't really care for Jade, so I want to say no she's being a bitch. LOL! However, I completely understand her wanting to protect her family and being hostile about what has happened. Veronica shows up and she sees her life go to hell. Not a valid correlation, but one I can see someone making.

message 37: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.12
With Veronica returning to St.Mary's for the first time in FOREVVVER(sorry, had to do it), was anyone thinking thAt the Fitzpatrick family was somehow involved in the case?"

I hadn't thought that when I was reading it. But now I do!

message 38: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments I was hoping they would be involved somehow. In the last book I felt like they could have brought back the Fitzpatrick's instead of introducing the Gutierrez cousins. It would have been fun to see some interaction with them and Veronica. Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.12
With Veronica returning to St.Mary's for the first time in FOREVVVER(sorry, had to do it), was anyone thinking thAt the Fitzpatrick family was somehow involved in the case?"

message 39: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments This chapter Veronica just begins to see Logan's dedication to the Navy and that her assumptions about his future in that regard were off the mark.

message 40: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter.13- Petra's secretary directs Veronica to Bianca, Miguel's wife.
Veronica convinces Bianca to help her. She takes s DNA sample of hair from Miguel's son Gabe.

Do we at all thing Miguel is the culprit or an ovi red herring?

message 41: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments I thought it was pretty clear Miguel was a red herring from the beginning, since he was only pointed at after he was out of the country. Since everyone in Neptune lies, it felt like it couldn't possibly be him. I'm glad it became so easy for V to rule him out (though that was a bit convenient too).
Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.13- Petra's secretary directs Veronica to Bianca, Miguel's wife.
Veronica convinces Bianca to help her. She takes s DNA sample of hair from Miguel's son Gabe.

Do we at all thing Miguel i..."

message 42: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments He seemed like an easy mark!

message 43: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.13- Petra's secretary directs Veronica to Bianca, Miguel's wife.

Do we at all thing Miguel i..."

yea it was definitely a red herring, but it was a ton of fun watching V collect the data to rule him out.

message 44: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments yes it was!

message 45: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter.14 Veronica and Logan attend the official announcement of Weevil's lawsuit. A member of the press asks him a good question "Are you planning to name Mrs.Kane in the suit as well?"

Should Weevil sue Celeste Kane? Why?

message 46: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.14 Veronica and Logan attend the official announcement of Weevil's lawsuit. A member of the press asks him a good question "Are you planning to name Mrs.Kane in the suit as well?"

Should W..."

there's no way in hell that he would win, but I really want him to.

message 47: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I feel the same way.

NeptuneQuotes wrote: "Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.14 Veronica and Logan attend the official announcement of Weevil's lawsuit. A member of the press asks him a good question "Are you planning to name Mrs.Kane in the s..."

message 48: by Cyrus (new)

Cyrus | 130 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.14 Veronica and Logan attend the official announcement of Weevil's lawsuit. A member of the press asks him a good question "Are you planning to name Mrs.Kane in the suit as well?"

Should W..."

He should for our entertainment value. For real legal purposes, though, he'd probably be going with a civil RICO suit, which is where lawsuits go to crazy town.

message 49: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter.14 Veronica and Logan attend the official announcement of Weevil's lawsuit. A member of the press asks him a good question "Are you planning to name Mrs.Kane in the suit as well?"

Should W..."

Yep

message 50: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments I think he definitely has a better chance of winning if he keeps her out of it. There's a chance the rich and powerful will turn their backs on the sheriffs department if they don't think continuing their support will be beneficial anymore. But we know that Celeste will stop at nothing to maintain her standing.
That being said, I would love Weevil to sue her for damages and suffering. Or for a possible new Sheriff to arrest her for the shooting at some point in the future.

« previous 1