Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Questions and Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Feb 02, 2015 08:06PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments This a team challenge we are planning to add to the group soon.

Guidelines

1. Signup is required to join this challenge

2. After signing up period is over, participants shall be put in different groups

3. Each group will be given a set of books

4. Each group member is supposed to choose a book from the given set to read in order to complete the challenge (A different book for each member)

5. Each group is given 2 extra options: 1 swap and 1 drop.

6. Swap: Each group is given an option to swap ONE book from the set assigned to their group. They may post the book they want to swap a separate thread (which will be added later) and see if any other group is interested.

7. Drop: Each group is given an option to drop ONE book from the set assigned to their group. They may post the book they want to drop in a separate thread (which will be added later)and then will be given 3 choices to choose from:
- Another book of their choice from the same author.
- Another book of their choice from the same genre.
- 2 books chosen by the moderators.

If you have any questions or suggestions to improve this challenge, please post below.

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments ooh I love it! I can't wait!

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great :) We hope it goes well.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY! I love the sound of it! :o)

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Awesome :) Don't be shy to throw in any suggestions :D

message 6: by ZaraS (last edited Feb 01, 2015 07:46PM) (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer How long does this challenge go for (ie. 1 month, 2 months etc)?

I love the sound of this challenge. Can't wait for it to start.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments One month. It's not gonna be monthly, though.

message 8: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Gisbelle wrote: "One month. It's not gonna be monthly, though."

Excellent Gisbelle. Another great challenge to add to my ever expanding list of challenges. lol

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks :) We'll start the signup soon.

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Sounds great! :)

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great to hear that :D We might limit the number of participants since we don't want too many groups in case a lot of people are interested. Maybe 30 people just like when we do Blind Date Challenge.

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments If you limit the sign ups to 30, how large will each group be? Three?

message 13: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 112 comments I like it as well! It sounds fun :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait!

message 15: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) How many books are you required to read during the challenge? It sounds fun!

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "If you limit the sign ups to 30, how large will each group be? Three?"

Maybe 5 members and 6 groups

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Irene wrote: "How many books are you required to read during the challenge? It sounds fun!"

Only one.

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3011 comments This sounds like fun!

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments :) We'll start the sign up later today.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Vicki wrote: "If you limit the sign ups to 30, how large will each group be? Three?"

Maybe 5 members and 6 groups

Oh, okay. I didn't even think of that. OMG! LOL

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments :) That's why you need me around lol

Anyway, we don't want too many groups as it would be too much work for us, and we want at least 5 members in each group so that after we assign books for each group, it will be a lot of fun to decide who will read what :D

message 22: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: ":) We'll start the sign up later today."

I can't wait to see who all will be in my group! LOL

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments :) I'll finish up a report (boring!) for my boss and will start the thread soon

message 24: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: ":) That's why you need me around lol

Anyway, we don't want too many groups as it would be too much work for us, and we want at least 5 members in each group so that after we assign books for each..."

Yeah, that's why I wondered because 10 in one group sounded like WAY too many, but 3 sounded like too few. I guess that's why I don't teach math. LOL So I'm exposing myself here. I just never considered that option. So that is ONE reason why I need you around! I can think of MANY, MANY more!

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You'd better treat me right then :D I demand a raise lol

message 26: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, I get it! Here is your raise: (((hugs))) and more (((hugs))) and still some more (((hugs))). That's more than monetary value, right?

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments since we are grouped, when should we start our books/be done with our books?
and do we post read/rating/review info in our team thread?

My team is all happy with our books so we won't be dropping or swapping!! yay! great picks!

message 28: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You guys may start the books, and reviews (optional) and rating should be posted in your group thread.

That was really fast :)

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gis, how did you come up with all the books? I added a few to my TBR shelf because I didn't have enough already. LOL

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1046 comments How long do we have to read our books?

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "How long do we have to read our books?"

Until March 31 as we planned. But if every group finishes sooner, we might start another round right after that.

message 32: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "Gis, how did you come up with all the books? I added a few to my TBR shelf because I didn't have enough already. LOL"

Just another one of my many great talents lol.... Seriously though, I just tried and added some books I thought interesting :) I haven't read any of those books, I think.

message 33: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Well, you certainly got a good variety! I haven't read any of the books assigned to any of the groups. Lol Great job, Gisbelle! :)

message 34: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks :)

message 35: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments You're welcome.

message 36: by Maria (new)

Maria | 817 comments sounds awesome! how will you notify us when it starts?

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Maria wrote: "sounds awesome! how will you notify us when it starts?"

I'll post a link on homepage.

message 38: by Carol (new)

Carol | 214 comments Sounds good, can I join in please?

message 39: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments There is no new round yet Carol. We will have to wait until Gisbelle announces there will be a new one.

message 40: by Carol (new)

Carol | 214 comments Mehsi wrote: "There is no new round yet Carol. We will have to wait until Gisbelle announces there will be a new one."

Thanks Mehsi, can't wait to do this. :)

message 41: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments You're welcome Carol. :) Same here, the first round was really fun, hopefully we will have a new one some time again.

message 42: by Ivy (new)

Ivy This sounds really cool I'm up for it.