YA Book Group discussion

Book Discussions > The Mortal Instruments

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 22 comments I absolutely loved Sebastian...even though he was kind of evil and everything he was my favorite and I was glad that Cassandra introduced Clary to her brother.

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 22 comments I know! Especially after they kissed! I loved how (I think it was) Simon said something like "so no matter who your brother is [Jace or Sebastion] you have kissed him."

message 3: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Reid | 6 comments On the final book at the minute (City Of Heavenly Fire) ..to be honest after the first 3 books it has taken me a while to get into them but after the first 100 pages I get hooked. the first 3 books are my fav, and I think the movie is a let down eventhough I'm a fan of Aiden Turner (who played Luke) & Robert Sheehan (Simon) I feel the movie was a let down & it should have been just left as a book.

message 4: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 22 comments Siobhan wrote: "On the final book at the minute (City Of Heavenly Fire) ..to be honest after the first 3 books it has taken me a while to get into them but after the first 100 pages I get hooked. the first 3 books..."
I completely agree with you. The movie did no justice for the book. I have heard things about a second movie coming out but I have also heard that they just dropped the idea altogether after the first one so I am not sure...

message 5: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Reid | 6 comments Caitlin wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "On the final book at the minute (City Of Heavenly Fire) ..to be honest after the first 3 books it has taken me a while to get into them but after the first 100 pages I get hooked. t..."

I heard they are thinking of making it into a TV show instead from the beginning rather than doing a sequel. It might be better as they can get more into a tv show than a movie and can include more from the books with more storylines.

message 6: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 22 comments TMI is one of the few series I would rather see as a tv series than a movie. I feel like to make a book a tv series is even bigger of a commitment than making it a movie because if you add any story lines then everyone will be mad and if you forget some others will be confused. TMI would be a good series as long as they keep to the story line and don't add in or take out anything

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Reid | 6 comments yeah one of my favourite TV shows is derived from a book series (The Vampire Diaries) and they have included most of the books and have gone into more detail on some aspects and have changed a good bit though (for the best) but the mortal instruments will strive better from being a TV show because there is so much in the books and so many characters. I just cant wait to see if gets the greenlight