Support for Indie Authors discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Avoiding the Super Bowl

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Ann Andrews (annliviandrews) | 687 comments Mod
Anyone else avoiding the super bowl by hanging out on Goodreads?

Actually, we're snowed in and don't have cable, so even if we wanted to watch the super bowl, we couldn't. But we're not really football fans. . .

message 2: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
.....all I can say is....GO HAWKS!

message 3: by Kent (new)

Kent S. (kentsbrown) | 28 comments Since the Packers are out of it, I'll watch the kickoff and then tune in during the evening to check on the score, otherwise, no I won't.

message 4: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Now, I'd be much more apt to watch if they threw in a magician or a comedian INSTEAD of some horrible pop music for the halftime show. :)

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments Ann wrote: "Now, I'd be much more apt to watch if they threw in a magician or a comedian INSTEAD of some horrible pop music for the halftime show. :)"

Lol. Agreed, Ann, but while I took a break from reading your story, Em, I made coffee and caught that cute little commercial for Budweiser with the horse and puppy....awwww so cute!

message 6: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

....I'm here to cry. My team lost, WAAHHHAHHA. Okay, I'm over it. We'll be back next year!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments Riley wrote: "....I'm here to cry. My team lost, WAAHHHAHHA. Okay, I'm over it. We'll be back next year!"

Poor Riley....I'm sure my son is crying, too.

message 8: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Palmer | 19 comments Usually I love the Super Bowl, but I'm with Kent this year. Without the Packers and the Colts who cares?

Although, maybe someone could write a story about an evil organization that uses deflated objects to accomplish their mission(A.K.A. The New England Patriots).

I'm kidding Pats fans. Congrats.

message 9: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Aaand the madness is over :) What will American's focus their attention on next???

message 10: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4310 comments Mod
Ann wrote: "Aaand the madness is over :) What will American's focus their attention on next???"

The Presidential election is coming up next year. It's about time for all the mudslinging and finger pointing and other toddler like behaviors to come out. And then we get to elect the lesser evil of two babies.

I suppose in another month Christmas decorations will go back up. It gets earlier and earlier every year.

Anyway. I got off a 72 hour shift yesterday and my wife about killed herself digging the car out to come get me. After driving in a blizzard to home, the last thing on my mind was football. So, we curled up and when the power came back on we had a mini X-Files marathon.

I haven't been a fan of sports since a few decades ago baseball players began to cry about not making enough millions a year.

message 11: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

LOVE the X-Files! I heard a rumor that they're bringing back the series -- not sure if with original characters or not.

And, oh great. Presidential election. Time to avoid all social media for the duration of the insanity.

Why do we love to argue???

Dwayne wrote: "Ann wrote: "Aaand the madness is over :) What will American's focus their attention on next???"

The Presidential election is coming up next year. It's about time for all the mudslinging and finger..."

message 12: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

We argue because the powers that be want us to. Easier to control the masses if we're to busy fighting to see what's happening.

message 13: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Ann wrote: "LOVE the X-Files! I heard a rumor that they're bringing back the series -- not sure if with original characters or not."

As much as I like the characters, it was the stories that I loved the most. I wouldn't mind two or three new characters if the stories were good and the characters were well developed. I haven't heard anything about it, but you've got me curious. As long as Chris Carter, Darin Morgan and Vince Gilligan are involved again, I'm sure it would be great. Sadly, it's about time to go back to work, otherwise I'd be checking to see if the rumor is true!

message 14: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I'll let you know if I hear anything more definitive.

Dwayne wrote: "Ann wrote: "LOVE the X-Files! I heard a rumor that they're bringing back the series -- not sure if with original characters or not."

As much as I like the characters, it was the stories that I lov..."

message 15: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. . .

Riley wrote: "We argue because the powers that be want us to. Easier to control the masses if we're to busy fighting to see what's happening."

message 16: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Stephens | 30 comments X files: The online buzz is Duchovny and Anderson will be reprising their original roles and this seems to be as official as it gets without a new production sheet on IMDB. Both are said to have signed. I'm just hoping they bring on Kyle McGlaughlin as Agent Cooper for a Twin Peaks tie in to the Blue Rose files and Anna Torv with a Fringe division angle.

message 17: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Phillip wrote: "I'm just hoping they bring on Kyle McGlaughlin as Agent Cooper..."

And then David Duchovny could play two roles - Agent Mulder and Agent Bryson.

message 18: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

This is possibly the best news I've heard all week!! Now I just have to get my husband to watch X-Files with me from the beginning. . . . . .

Phillip wrote: "X files: The online buzz is Duchovny and Anderson will be reprising their original roles and this seems to be as official as it gets without a new production sheet on IMDB. Both are said to have si..."

message 19: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Stephens | 30 comments I just heard Showtime is reviving Twin Peaks for 9 episodes and Kyle Maclachlan just signed on

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watc...

Not quite as good as the X-Files tie in but, way better. Although a crossover episode between the networks would be something to see.

message 20: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I haven't watched the first Twin Peaks. It's on my list though. I'll have to bump it to the top!

message 21: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Phillip wrote: "I just heard Showtime is reviving Twin Peaks..."

It has been 25 years, just like in Cooper's dream... (I won't say more and spoil it).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.