2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Helena's 2015 reading challenge (80+ books)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helena (new)

Helena Andrzejewska This year, I've set my goal to 80 books (hopefully more if I can make it). So far, so good- I've already read 8 books, and I'm looking forward to reading more!

1. En liten bok om ondska
2. Revival
3. My Fat, Mad Teenage Diary
4. The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism
5. Yahya Hassan
6. Story of O
7. Girl, Interrupted
8. Every Day

At the moment, I'm reading "Fight Club", "Forever" by Judy Blume (yes, I know that it's a shame to not have read it earlier...), "I love you, Philip Morris" (which I just can't finish, it's unbearable) and last, but not least, "Si at vi har hele dagen" written by Anne Kyong Sook Øfsti. As you see, mostly well-known books, not counting the last one. "Si at vi har..." is looking good so far, though- it tells the story of a woman born in Korea, who was adopted by a norwegian couple. When her sister, also adopted, dies, the woman travels back to her native country in search of their mother.

message 2: by Helena (new)

Helena Andrzejewska Today, I have finished reading both Fight Club and Forever, which means I've read 10 out of 80 books already!
I'm slowly giving up on "Philip Morris", it seems like I won't be able to finish this one... "Si at vi har..." is going good, though I haven't spent much time on it today.
Next up: Howl's Moving Castle and A Place Called Here

message 3: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Welcome to the group, Helena! You're off to a great start with your challenge. :)

I'm curious about what you'll think of Howl's Moving Castle. It's been on my to-read list for such a long time.

message 4: by Helena (new)

Helena Andrzejewska Cassandra wrote: "Welcome to the group, Helena! You're off to a great start with your challenge. :)

I'm curious about what you'll think of Howl's Moving Castle. It's been on my to-read list for such a l..."

I have seen the anime movie adaptation of it, but that was a long time ago, so I don't remember a thing, but I would say that's a good thing. I honestly don't know what to expect, and that makes me even more excited about reading this book!

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I saw the Miyazaki film in my Japanese class, but it was quite a while ago as well. I really liked it though, so I put the book on my list of books to read. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.