All About YA discussion

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend (Hamilton High, #1)
This topic is about The DUFF
Archives > February BOTM - The DUFF

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
All About YA will be reading The DUFF for our February BOTM. Feel free to discuss it here, but hide your spoilers.

Also, I know the movie comes out this month, so we can set up a topic for comparing and contrasting if you'd like. Just let me know.

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments lol I hadn't heard of The DUFF until now! going to read the synopsis.

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Very interesting! I'll be sure to pick up a copy. :)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments My friend showed me the trailer and I told her it was a book and now we both reading it :)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Lilian wrote: "My friend showed me the trailer and I told her it was a book and now we both reading it :)"

cool!

message 6: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Lilian wrote: "My friend showed me the trailer and I told her it was a book and now we both reading it :)"

Awesome! Everyone I know wants to go see the movie, so I'll definitely be getting to this one soon.

message 7: by Teagan (new) - added it

Teagan (teagannicole) | 1 comments Just want to let you know now I've read it and it is a fantastic book but nothing like the movie makes it seem. There are some dark and intense themes that the movie doesn't mention but I hope you all enjoy.

Cheryl (cawils_99) Teagan wrote: "Just want to let you know now I've read it and it is a fantastic book but nothing like the movie makes it seem. There are some dark and intense themes that the movie doesn't mention but I hope you ..."

I completely agree, I was disappointed we the preview. I really liked the darker theme of the book and I don't want to see it turned into a lighthearted romantic comedy. That's what made the story stick out for me, so unlike so many other teen romance books.

Danique I just finished it, and it's a fantastic book. I couldn't stop reading it.

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments I enjoyed the second half of the book more than the first half. At the start I didn't really care for the characters that much. However as the story progressed I felt myself care for them and I didn't want it to end.

message 11: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Lilian wrote: "I enjoyed the second half of the book more than the first half. At the start I didn't really care for the characters that much. However as the story progressed I felt myself care for them and I did..."

I've got to start this soon!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin wrote: "Lilian wrote: "I enjoyed the second half of the book more than the first half. At the start I didn't really care for the characters that much. However as the story progressed I felt myself care for..."

same! :D

message 13: by Soli (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soli (theonewhosaddictedtobooks) I really enjoyed this book when I read it a couple months ago, and Ive re-read it a couple times as well. Gotta say, the movie sounds terrible. They covered up a GIGANTIC part of the book from what I saw of the trailer

message 14: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Would anyone be interested in reading the companion book as a group?

Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Erin wrote: "Lilian wrote: "My friend showed me the trailer and I told her it was a book and now we both reading it :)"

Awesome! Everyone I know wants to go see the movie, so I'll definitely be getting to this..."

I agree! The book is so good! I loved it, I feel like it captures the darkest dark of how most girls view themselves. It's a genuine book, and I think most will like it. I have not had the opportunity to watch the trailer, but I look forward to watching the movie.

message 16: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Emily wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lilian wrote: "My friend showed me the trailer and I told her it was a book and now we both reading it :)"

Awesome! Everyone I know wants to go see the movie, so I'll definitely be ge..."

I almost had an advance screening pass for tonight, but at the last minute, my sister decided that she wanted to go with our friend (like after she said no, and I said yes). I'm kind of bummed.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't blame you one bit, I'd be upset too! That only means that a better opportunity will come along; maybe you'll watch it with a hot date! Or, possibly the screen will mess up? Not that you're hoping for it, but I've head it happen to me with the midnight showing of one of the hunger games. That's never fun. I can't wait until I get to watch the movie though.

Jazmine (vitflicka) | 3 comments The book was ok, I can't deny I couldn't put the book down because of the plot but it was missing something more.

Danique @Erin I'm definitely interested in reading the companion book as a group! I didn't know there was one, but it seems like a great book to me!

message 20: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Danique wrote: "@Erin I'm definitely interested in reading the companion book as a group! I didn't know there was one, but it seems like a great book to me!"

It's not out yet, but it will be soon. I'll definitely put that on the table once it's released.

Danique @Erin I noticed! And Amy Rush is a part of it, which means more Wesley, which means more happiness.