2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Carol's 100 Book Reading Challenge for 2015

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I am going BIG with my reading goal this year. I also want to try to read some different genres this year....see if there is anything else out there that I like. I mainly have been a Mystery book reader. I prefer a book to an e-reader.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I started the year with "One Plus One" by JoJo Moyes. I had not read anything by her before and really enjoyed it. I will definitely read some other books by her.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I read "One More Thing" by BJ Novak; "Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures" by Amy Dusik, and "Sh*t My Dad says" by Justin Halprin. All were good, but just not my cup of tea.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments "Looking for Alaska" by John Green was amazing. I can't wait to read more books by John Green.

message 5: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6450 comments Carol wrote: "I started the year with "One Plus One" by JoJo Moyes. I had not read anything by her before and really enjoyed it. I will definitely read some other books by her."

One of my fav books from last year! Glad you enjoyed it as well:)

message 6: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1912 comments Carol wrote: ""Looking for Alaska" by John Green was amazing. I can't wait to read more books by John Green."

I loved Looking for Alaska!

message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Welcome to the group, Carol! Kudos to you for being so ambitious with your reading goal. Are there any books that you're looking forward to this year?

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I have also read "The Great Gatsby" which I am pretty sure I read in High School and I read "MacBeth" which I read in college.
I read "The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge" by Michael Punke. My interest in this story is mainly because it is being made into a movie to be released later this year. Leonardo DiCaprio plays Hugh Glass. I read this book in a day. I could not put it down. Excellent story.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments Cassandra wrote: "Welcome to the group, Carol! Kudos to you for being so ambitious with your reading goal. Are there any books that you're looking forward to this year?"
Where do I start? Some of my reading challenge selections are: The Goldfinch, Pride and Prejudice, Unbroken, Catcher in the Rye, The Girl on the Train, Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore...to name a few.

message 10: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments That's great, Carol. Several of those are on my list of books I hope to read this year, and I read Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore last year. It was a fun read - I hope you like it!

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I am still working through my challenge list. I have read 15 books so far, as of last evening. I have 6 more waiting for me to read, plus 3 more coming from the library. I will be on bed rest for about 6 weeks due to a chronic health problem. I need to keep myself occupied. So an interesting supply of books will be part of the answer.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I have now read 19 books for this year, having finished 6 in the last 10 days. I just finished "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult, which was very good. I had not read anything by her before. I passed this book on to my daughter...I hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I am currently working on a couple of classics. The Wind in the Willows and To Kill a Mockingbird. I am enjoying them both.

message 14: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Those are both wonderful books. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

message 15: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6450 comments Carol wrote: "I have now read 19 books for this year, having finished 6 in the last 10 days. I just finished "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult, which was very good. I had not read anything by her before. I passe..."

I loved Leaving Time, and it was my first Picoult book too but will not be my last. Good job on your reading!

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments Last week, I read Heartburn by Nora Ephron. I, first of all, loved the Book itself...it was a book from 1984 and had all the library cards and stamps in it. My copy was checked out for the first time on 2-8-84.
Next, I really enjoyed this book. It was fun and quite humorous at times. Poor Rachel. Lots of bad luck but I guess a happy ending. I highly recommend it.

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol Stankey (carolanne62) | 16 comments I have read 28 books so far this year, large in part to my being off work for medical reasons. I recently finished "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry". I had heard mixed reviews on it, but I absolutely loved it ! Once I started, I could not put it down. Highly recommend this one!
I also read "Three Wishes" by Liane Moriarty, which I also loved. Her books are addictive....I love her style of writing. Another book I highly recommend.

message 18: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6450 comments Carol wrote: "I have read 28 books so far this year, large in part to my being off work for medical reasons. I recently finished "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry". I had heard mixed reviews on it, but I absolute..."

The Storied Life was my favorite book from last year - loved the writing!