The Outsiders The Outsiders discussion

What character do you most relate to?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley I think I relate most to Soda because he is a bit of a minor character but he still had a big impact on the story. He really felt, and was able to really help the other characters so much because of that. I, for example, relate most to Darry, Soda, and Pony's relationship in the majority of the book. He's trapped in the middle of them (quite literally) and when he tells them that, they realize it, because they hadn't thought about it before.

Emma So you're saying you think you're hot? ;)

Maria I would probably Two-Bit because he always needs to get his two-bits in, sort of like me. I think I could be Ponyboy also, though, because, we both like movies, books, and writing. We both feel like we're not quite "part of the gang" and we both don't comprehend why people fight and would only do so in self-defense.
But I could be Soda, too, 'cause I think that I'm hot (lol, not)

Rewas I think I can relate to Ponyboy because we both like movies, books, and writing.

Ambrogio Dallas Winston <3 I consider him to be one of my all time favorite characters along with Achilles (troy), Tony Montana (Scarface), Caligula, etc...

He lives a life far away from prestige and artificiality, he's always honest\blunt and could care less about this whole world. He deals passively with whatever comes his way, like when Ponyboy told him Johnny killed a Soc and he's like "good for you, let's go..."

Jessica Blair I think i can probably relate to Ponyboy or Jonny because i felt like i was caught between my parents when they would fight and started to run away just so i would not hear it. it felt like they did not even see me.

Lillian I sorta feel like I can relate to Darry the most because I too am the oldest of three kids and I feel like there can be a lot of responsibility resting on your shoulders when you are in that position. But Johnny's my favorite.

Jessica Blair Lillian wrote: "I sorta feel like I can relate to Darry the most because I too am the oldest of three kids and I feel like there can be a lot of responsibility resting on your shoulders when you are in that positi..."

I like Jonny to but can relate to both ponyboy and jonny just like both of them i'm creative and sensitive like Ponyboy and my parents fought ALOT like jonny.

Emma Maybe I can relate to Darry in the way that I have a younger sibling who I take care of a lot. He's only 2 ears younger but all the same he's my younger brother and he goes to bed when I tell him to. But I relate to Ponyboy in the way that I appreciate books and movies the way he does.

Lillian I can relate to Ponyboy too in the sense that I love writing, books, and movies and I really prefer to watch movies alone.

Andrea Tomé I can relate the most to Ponyboy. I also grew up in a very poor, very humble neighbourhood where seldom people liked to read or write or draw or other kind of 'artsy' stuff.
I can really feel Ponyboy's sensitive side and his feelings of being different for the rest of the family (which I have felt too, but for other reasons). Also, Ponyboy is kind of an introvert, just like me, and enjoys his time alone.