The Very Omnibus Bookclub! discussion

Past Books of the Month > What Should We Read in March?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) | 717 comments Mod
I've decided we need to start early so it gives everyone some time to find the books.
What should we read in March?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 248 comments For our Whopper sized extra book I suggest The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker . It was suggested to me by a friend and I need a push to get into it. For the regular monthly book I suggest some that are on my to-read shelf but I don' t know what you guys have and haven't read... Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White , Transparent (Transparent, #1) by Natalie Whipple , Partials (The Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells Panic by Lauren Oliver The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins , A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray , The Distance Between Us by Kasie West . Hopefully there's something in there that we can all read...

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
I like The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins , Partials (The Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells , A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray or Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

message 4: by Katelyn (last edited Feb 01, 2015 07:33PM) (new)

They all look good! :) I've read Partials and am almost done and I think they're both excellent choices.
My other suggestions:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck I Was Here by Gayle Forman The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Feb 01, 2015 07:02PM) (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
Katelyn wrote: "They all look good! :) I've read Partials and am almost done and I think they're both excellent choices.
My other suggestions:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen HouckI Was Here by Gayle Forman[boo..."

I also like [bookcover:The Darkest Part of the Forest|20958632]

message 6: by Katelyn (new)

In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters and Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder look good as well.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
Katelyn wrote: "In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters and Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder look good as well."
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder looks really good. Im adding that to my list

message 8: by Katelyn (new)

I made 2 polls. One will feature Jennifer's ideas and one will feature mine and one of Sarah's (as Sarah's are mostly a mix between mine and Jennifer's). I decided to do this as we keep having second place tied. They are both open until the 10th to give everyone plenty of time to get their hands on the books and possibly start early if desired.

message 9: by Katelyn (new)

Also remember that you can click on comments and details and you will have a chance to click on the individual books at the bottom to see what they're about.

message 10: by Katelyn (new)

We are completely tied right now. Nobody has voted for the same book haha.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 248 comments I'll read pretty much anything I recommended if any of those got a vote. Change my vote to one of the others if it helps. I don't mind. Can we see the results yet?

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 248 comments It's going to be a while before I can get The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins from the library though. Possibly months...I'm hold number 826 on 237 copies in my county and 199 of 270 copies in the next county over. So maybe not that one just yet. :)

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 248 comments I only chose Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder because it's one that I own, given/recommended by a friend, and haven't read it yet. I think she gave it to me a couple years ago.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 579 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "I only chose Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder because it's one that I own, given/recommended by a friend, and haven't read it yet. I think she gave it to me a couple years ago."

Im good with that book if every body else is.

message 15: by Katelyn (new)

Just a reminder that anybody can change their votes by going to polls and then clicking "change your vote."

message 16: by Katelyn (new)

We managed to not tie! Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman and Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck are the winners! Thanks for voting and even though some of the ones I want to read didn't win, I'm thankful that we had so many options. My to-read list gets longer and longer every time we do this. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!