What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. young girl who was slightly insane and she was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. She would space out and she would drift off into this other world [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Vera | 3 comments Hi,
I read this book years ago and it was about this young girl who was slightly insane and she was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. She would space out and she would drift off into this other world and there was this Queen/ruler of that world with an odd name. She would space out and talk to the imaginary characters. I want to say the time period was 50s-70s. The main protagonist was kind of young. And its Not "Girl, Interrupted" they're similar in away.

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments I Never Promised You a Rose Garden  by Joanne Greenberg maybe?

message 3: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Vera | 3 comments Wow Yes! That's it, thank you so much!!

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments So glad to hear this! I read this book ages ago but your vivid description brought it back to my memory.

message 5: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Vera | 3 comments Haha me too, I read it 3 yrs ago and it feels like ages. I'm surprised I actually remembered all that

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Thanks for the reminder, I liked the movie and didn't realise there was also a book, another for the tbr list

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Would one of the mods please move this to Solved. Thanks.

message 8: by Ingo (last edited Feb 04, 2015 02:04AM) (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 604 comments There is at least one other book you might like:
Red Orc's Rage (World of Tiers #6) by Philip José Farmer
Red Orc's Rage
It is an additional book in the World of Tiers - Series by Philip José Farmer. It can be read as a standalone, as it is quite different from the usual style of the series, but also adds to the series-storyline.
The main theme, set in a mental hospital is quite similar to "I Never promised you a Rose Garden".

As a sidenote I just bought a DVD-Edition of the film "I Never promised you a Rose Garden" and look forward to seeing it for the first time.

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Sounds interesting Ingo

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 88 comments Mona wrote: "I am looking for a book about a girl who goes back In time and falls in love. She Is amazed at how cheep cotton and paper are. She decides to stay in this time. She wants to help her parents fi..."

you're more likely to find your book if you make a new thread just for it especially since this is likely to be moved to the solved folder soon

message 11: by Kris (last edited Feb 18, 2015 06:57AM) (new)

Kris | 34379 comments Mod
Mona wrote: "I am looking for a book about a girl who goes back In time and falls in love. She Is amazed at how cheep cotton and paper are. She decides to stay in this time. She wants to help her parents fi..."

Yes, please create a separate topic/thread for your book. One book per topic is the basic rule as it avoids confusion. Thanks :)