The Genre Explorers discussion

The Camp Base! > Co-mod needed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aleta (last edited Feb 06, 2015 08:47AM) (new)

Aleta | 216 comments My sincere apologies for having been inactive here for more than a week!

Truth is, something life-altering has happened to me and it's amazing and great, but also means that I will go from having loads of time to being very busy. I've hardly even had time to update my reading here on GR!

THIS MEANS THAT I'M HAVING TO LOOK OUT FOR A CO-MOD. I had been thinking about it, but hadn't expected it to so suddenly become a necessity. SEE NEXT POST FOR FURTHER INFO OF WHAT BEING A CO-MOD WOULD MEAN/HOW YOU COULD HELP.

I WILL continue to take care of the group on my own to the best of my abilities until a co-mod is found, but I probably won't be as active as in the beginning. I feel really horrible about not having been on here for so long and have constantly been pondering what to do. This seemed like the best thing to do.

If you have any questions or want to help out in any way, please feel free to send me a PM :)

message 2: by Aleta (last edited Feb 06, 2015 08:57AM) (new)

Aleta | 216 comments LOOKING FOR A CO-MOD:

The things I'd like to get help with are:

1. Reading the groupreads. So that the thread will be active and discussion be sparked, it's important to have a discussion leader and that means reading the book so that you can comment. Unfortunately I won't be able to always do this on my own anymore (alternatively, if no one is up for committing to help with this, the discussion leader will be the nominator of that particular book)

2. Setting up the BOTM, GOTM and nomination threads as well as the polls. The polls are easy and I've got a schedule set up for the whole thing, so that it shouldn't be too hard to do or easy to forget something. The threads have taken me more time with finding information, listopias etc, but if it was needed we could of course diminish that a great deal, as most bookclubs here don't write those things.

There will be a trial-run of a month to see if you get the feel of the group and understand why there are the rules that there are, to see if you hold up your end of the bargin and to see if we can get along :) Nothing to stress about though!

No moderator experience needed, it's not that hard to figure these things out and you won't be sole mod, just co-mod, so I'm still here :) Even if you think you can only do some of these things, please write me, anything would be a help at this point and if more than one want to do it and both can only do some if it, there can always be more than two mods in the group!

HELPING OUT:
If you'd like to help out, but don't want to commit, checking in once in a while in any of the threads is a great help, even if it's only a sentence or two :)

message 3: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 58 comments Mod
I would be interested in becoming a co-mod. I love this group as I was a member on my other GoodReads account that I accidentally deleted trying to delete this one. I would hate to see this group close being that it has a good theme to it.

message 4: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 76 comments I'm not sure that Aleta will see your message, Brianna. I think you should send her a PM.

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 58 comments Mod
Okay I will do that