Let's discuss! Part four: page 300 to the end

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susan (thebookishlife) | 11 comments Mod
What did you think of the ending?
Did you expect this?
And what are your final thoughts?
Tell me all about it!

Ruhi | 2 comments The saddest thing about the ending was that maybe, Finch actually tried to get out of the water like he had done the last time? Maybe he had thought about violet? About all their wandering s, and he wanted to get out so bad, but all those feelings pushed him further back?

Yes, maybe at some point under the water he remembered how scared Violet was the last time. And then when he turned around to swim back up he was already too far down to make it back.

Mary Coleen Pangan (marycoleenpangan) | 1 comments I did. I expected him to go and kill himself finally. I just... I love him so much it hurts. I didnt want to keep reading because I know it was coming. And when it did... I cant. I know one thing tho. I think FINCH might had left those clues for Violet thinking that maybe Violet might find him sooner, that maybe the thought of violet waiting up there is going to save him again. And maybe before he finally drowned, he might had resurfaced thinking Violet might be there trying to save him. I just... maybe Violet should had gone there sooner. 3

message 5: by Ruhi (last edited Jul 26, 2015 01:54AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ruhi | 2 comments Yeah, it did hurt a lot. Instead of crying over Finch, thinking that he had broken up with her, she should have done something. She should have known better. She should have known that Finch loved her too much to actually leave her.

She should have dine something way sooner. The signs were clearly there.
Even if there is the slightest chance that someone you know might commit suicide you should do something. Even if you're not sure.

message 7: by Candice (new)

Candice M (tinylibrarian) (tinylibrarian) | 1 comments Hi everyone,

Sorry to crash this group, but I will be moderating a panel with Jennifer Niven tomorrow and wondered if any of you had any questions you wanted me to ask her? More information about the event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/44119...

Please feel free to join us if you can!

All the best,

Candice

Mivin Jane | 1 comments I think Violet could have save finch at the end if she read more of Virginia Woolf's suicide note. Virginia said something in there that finch once mentioned. "If anyone could saved me it would have been you"

IndianSummer (loveatfirstsight) | 2 comments AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM DIEING!!!!!! WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE!!!!!!! I AM DEAD. OH NO! WHY DOES VIOLET HAVE TO WIGHT THAT LETTER!!!!!!!! I AM BALLING MY HEAD OFF!!

IndianSummer (loveatfirstsight) | 2 comments I am so sad now.

message 11: by Hope (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope | 2 comments I finished reading the book 2 weeks ago and believe it or not the book was given to me last year and the first time I started reading it I got bored, the second attempt to read it failed too. I thought it was boring, like the typical cliche i used to read but when I continued reading I realized there was more of me in the book and my heart couldn't take what happened.

message 12: by Hope (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope | 2 comments I'M READING YOUR COMMENTS AND I'M CRYING!!!!!