English Mysteries Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ The Bride of Newgate by John Dickson Carr

The Bride of Newgate by John Dickson Carr. I found with some books of my parents. Looks like it should fit the criteria here, even though the writer is an American.

message 3: by Carola (new)

Carola Goodman (goodreadscomcarola_goodman) The Inspector Wilfred Dover series by Joyce Porter. I'm currently re-reading "Dover One" - WONDERFUL!

message 5: by Geetanjali (new)

Geetanjali | 2 comments The Crime at Black Dudley by Margery Allingham

message 6: by Everyman (new)

Everyman | 102 comments Geetanjali wrote: "The Crime at Black Dudley by Margery Allingham"

I didn't realize there was an Allingham I hadn't read. Thanks for nominating it.

message 7: by Jean (new)

Jean Guarr | 280 comments I read the Griffiths ones though I don't buy them. Ruth annoys me, but the settings and some of the other characters keep me reading. The actual mysteries are OK though not very challenging. But then, I've been reading mysteries since I was 4 - learned to read early, started with the Boxcar Children - so it's hard to come up with a plot angle that's new to me.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 83 comments Valerie wrote: "How about:

The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths"

That series has been on my TBR list for years - could get me moving.

message 9: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments Elly Griffiths is one of my favorite authors.

message 10: by Joan (new)

Joan | 310 comments Valerie wrote: "How about:

The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths"

This is a good one!

message 11: by Joan (new)

Joan | 310 comments I am in the middle of The Skeleton Road by Val McDermid. A little bit slow so far, but other than that pretty good.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I am still up for The Glass-Sided Ants' Nest by Peter Dickinson, or Green for Danger by Christanna Brand.

message 13: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments I like Elly Griffiths and so agree with those who recommend The House at Sea's End.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 16 comments thank you for putting the link here: I keep missing polls (in another group) and would like to participate. :-)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ Oooh, a tie! So what happens now?

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1663 comments ***Carol*** wrote: "Oooh, a tie! So what happens now?"

Jean-Luke decides, I think. Or we could do both!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.