Harry Potter Readalong 2015 discussion

Reading Slumps and other Reader Problems

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christina (GoodGirlKills) (goodgirlkills) | 47 comments Mod
Hey everybody,
I'm sorry that I was not really active the last few days. I'm really sick and can't get up. Since then I'm in a huge reading slump. What are your experiences when you are in a slump? what helps you?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa-reads-books) Rereading one of my fav books or a cheesy romance ;) (like from Stephanie Perkins or Rainbow Rowell)

message 3: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (black0star) | 9 comments GoodGirlKills wrote: "Hey everybody,
I'm sorry that I was not really active the last few days. I'm really sick and can't get up. Since then I'm in a huge reading slump. What are your experiences when you are in a slump..."

Oh no! Hope you feel better :(
I usually just pick up and start books until I can get into it.

message 4: by Bloodystranger (new)

Bloodystranger | 6 comments Oh no! Get well soon!!
reading slump? grab a hot tea (or coffee) and re-read some Nicholas Sparks books or funny novels that are not too thick. And If you can't get yourself to read at all just get a good night's sleep :) It'll be over soon (I guess?)

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justjace13) | 1 comments Hello everyone! I'm very sorry I haven't been active. I was finishing up The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan and was kinda in a reading slump. I wanted to know what Harry Potter book is everyone currently on? I will catch up with you all and discuss at the end of the month. Thanks and happy reading! :)

message 6: by Salha (new)

Salha (salhavam) Justin wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm very sorry I haven't been active. I was finishing up The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan and was kinda in a reading slump. I wanted to know what Harry Potter book is everyone currentl..."

Hello! This month we will be reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :)

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Shay | 5 comments I've finally been able to start reading, I was reading American Sniper and The Help and now ready for business. I'm so excited! I would have liked to finish the first book in the first month and thereafter but it's ok.

Christina (GoodGirlKills) (goodgirlkills) | 47 comments Mod
That's totally ok. Have fun with the first book!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Shay | 5 comments I finished the first book a few days ago and now 30% through the second book. I hope I can finish it today so I ca be on the third book for the third month

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Shay | 5 comments I finished the first book a few days ago and now 30% through the second book. I hope I can finish it today so I ca be on the third book for the third month

message 11: by Heather (new)