Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)
This topic is about Fairest
Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Hahn, Chanda - Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #2) - Informal Buddy Read; Start: March 11, 2015

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31134 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of Fairest by Chanda Hahn

Book Synopsis
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall,
Who is the Fairest of them all?

In the sequel to UnEnchanted, Mina Grime discovers that all is not fair when it comes to the Fae and their tales, especially when they don’t all play by the rules. Barely surviving the Story’s first fairy tale quest, Mina still has hundreds to go before she can end the curse on her family. But a new player arises to challenge Mina while new rules revamp the game she has just barely begun to understand.

All the while, people are mysteriously disappearing, including Jared, whom Mina must finally determine to be friend or foe. And with the loss of her greatest weapon, Mina must try to outwit a deadly hunter. Can Mina survive the most difficult quest yet while protecting those she loves from falling victim to one of the lethal tales of all? Or will she become a pawn when she strikes a bargain with the Queen of Fae?

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments Thanks for setting this up!

message 5: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi | 1139 comments I am in!

Kari (mazuka) | 427 comments I read this in the Fall and really enjoyed it.

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments I plan on starting this tomorrow, anyone else?

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments Well, I didn't get too far - partway through chapter 2 (I had to finish up another book). The teenage angst is at amazingly high levels. I really hope it settles down some.

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments Finished through chapter 4. Getting more interesting. I like the idea of the band and it sure seems like they put on a great show.

Still no answers about Jared...

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments Through chapter 11 now. It seems the more you find out about Jared the more mysteries you uncover.

(view spoiler)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments Through chapter 16. That was quite an adventure in the woods. Jared really likes to keep you guessing.

(view spoiler)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2181 comments Well I finished it. I still like the premise and what we learned about Jared and the Story were interesting, but I can't wade through another one of this series. Mina was unlikable, annoying and angsty.

(view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fairest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chanda Hahn (other topics)