What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemproary romance, she comforts the hero (ex-army?) through a nightmare, losses sleep [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments OK I know it's vague but it's all I have, sorry. I was re-reading Lauren Layne's Broken and a scene in it reminded me of another book and I can't remember it.
So all I really remember is the hero, who I think is ex-army or something, has nightmares and for some reason I think he's staying on her couch. (She may be having her own trouble). Anyways, when she hears him having his nightmare she starts staying up and holding his hand which seems to comfort him and keeps his nightmares away. So for the first time in ages he's had restful nights sleep, while she is noticeably more tired than before. And for some reason I want to say he's friends with her brother but I could be getting it mixed up with another one.
Please help! I feel like it's gonna be obvious!!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 202 comments I suspect there are probably more than a few books where this situation happens.

Do you remember if it was an old book or a newer one? There is a scene like this in Berta Ruck's book The Disturbing Charm. But that was written in 1919, and I hadn't been under the impression her works were particularly well-known today. Though the eBook version and a Project Guttenberg version are available for you to check out if the title sounds familiar at all.

message 3: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments It's pretty recent, I'd say published in the last 5 year. It's probably a contemporary or new adult. Thanks though :)

message 4: by Nela (last edited Jan 31, 2015 07:05AM) (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments Seems like Her Forbidden Hero , he's an ex army and best friend (also army) with herione's brother. He offered her to stay with him to save money (she didn't have anywhere to go), they worked together in a bar... anyway, it fits your description ;)

message 5: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Hmm I was just looking at that in a list, I have read it... I shall see if it fits! *fingers crossed*

message 6: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments YES!!! Thank you, it is Her Forbidden Hero. :D

message 7: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments Glad to help ;)