Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Book of the Month 2015 > February BOTM (Your Choice): If I Stay

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Love this story and I'm looking forward to discussing it with everyone.

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgandaniele) | 5 comments I really liked this book, the second one is even better in my opinion!

message 3: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Morgan wrote: "I really liked this book, the second one is even better in my opinion!"

I agree Morgan. This one is very good but book 2 is even better. Overall a fanastic story.

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
I agree with both of you. I much preferred the second book but the first was still a great and emotional read.

message 5: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I really love this book, but I very much prefer Adam's POV. It's more emotional.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 31, 2015 03:34PM) (new)

I really liked this book, but I haven't read the second yet. So many books, so little time, as they say! :) From what you guys are saying, I should probably read it soon ;)

message 7: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Yes Abigail if you can get Where She Went you should definitely read it. It's even more emotional than this first one and follows up where If You Stay leaves off but it's in Adam's POV. I absolutely loved it. The entire story is a wonderful read.

message 8: by Sylvia (new)

Abigail wrote: "I really liked this book, but I haven't read the second yet. So many books, so little time, as they say! :) From what you guysare saying, I should probably read it soon ;)"

You'd be able to read it in a day if you had nothing on

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sylvia wrote: "Abigail wrote: "I really liked this book, but I haven't read the second yet. So many books, so little time, as they say! :) From what you guys are saying, I should probably read it soon ;)"

You'd b..."

Wow, really? If it's really that short, I'll probably read it soon. Thanks for the advice, guys!

message 10: by Sylvia (new)

Abigail wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Abigail wrote: "I really liked this book, but I haven't read the second yet. So many books, so little time, as they say! :) From what you guys are saying, I should probably read it ..."

You're welcome :D yeah, it read really fast

message 11: by Bing (new)

Bing (binguy) | 4 comments I loved this book! But I agree with everyone, the second one was even better :-)

message 12: by Lily (new)

Lily Foster | 8 comments This was one of my favorites from last year and I agree, the second was was so much better.

message 13: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Dufault | 6 comments I like the book.The second was better then the first.

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay Ok just started this book and within the first few pages it mentions Jonathan Richman, v.cool. :)

message 15: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 27 comments it's the 2nd day in Feb and I think I am the only one that hasn't read this yet :(

message 16: by Sylvia (new)

Brandy wrote: "it's the 2nd day in Feb and I think I am the only one that hasn't read this yet :("

You've got plenty of time :D

message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay That was just beautiful. Great choice everyone :)

message 18: by Belkis (last edited Feb 03, 2015 05:01AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments It really is a beautiful story. Sad but beautifully written. And if you can get you hands on book 2, I'd strongly recommend it. It's even more emotionally charged than If I Stay and in Adam's POV. Such a fantastic read and great wrap-up to this story.

message 19: by Kay (last edited Feb 04, 2015 04:28AM) (new)

Kay Oh belkis that was awesome. Smiling and crying. Beautifully written. Emotionally charged. I definitely recommend reading both. Great read. I should really sleep but it was so worth staying up for.

message 20: by Sylvia (new)

Kay wrote: "Oh belkis that was awesome. Smiling and crying. Beautifully written. Emotionally charged. I definitely recommend reading both. Great read. I should really sleep but it was so worth staying up for."

Glad you loved the book too :D

message 21: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeinri) I read this at the end of January when my mother was fading fast. It was interesting to think of someone in coma as being able to travel around the near vicinity and hear what is going on. I really enjoyed it, and I put myself on the library waiting list for the e-book "Where She Went" - sounds like everyone here liked that even better.

A very emotional book, and I was at a very emotional spot where I was thinking about life & death.

message 22: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 29 comments Belkis wrote: "Morgan wrote: "I really liked this book, the second one is even better in my opinion!"

I agree Morgan. This one is very good but book 2 is even better. Overall a fanastic story."

I read this yesterday and I loved it but to be honest it felt like a complete story. I didn't realise this book was part of a series and I'm not sure I want to read the next one as it worked so well as a standalone novel.

Do you guys think the next book is a must read?

message 23: by Lily (new)

Lily Foster | 8 comments Absolutely! I enjoyed reading Adam's POV and the song lyrics just killed me--in a good way :)

message 24: by Kay (last edited Feb 04, 2015 02:35PM) (new)

Kay Lily wrote: "Absolutely! I enjoyed reading Adam's POV and the song lyrics just killed me--in a good way :)"

I don't see the books as a series more part one and part two. If you liked the first the second is a must read as its even better. I agree if I stay works as a stand alone but after reading both it feels like only half the story. :)

message 25: by Sylvia (new)

Charlie wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Morgan wrote: "I really liked this book, the second one is even better in my opinion!"

I agree Morgan. This one is very good but book 2 is even better. Overall a fanastic story."

I..."

Definitely a must read. Like Kay said, If I Stay feels like you are only getting half the story.

message 26: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Kay wrote: "Oh belkis that was awesome. Smiling and crying. Beautifully written. Emotionally charged. I definitely recommend reading both. Great read. I should really sleep but it was so worth staying up for."

I'm so happy you loved it so much too Kay. It really is a fantastic story. I can't wait for the second book to come to the big screen. The movie for If You Stay is very good too. I enjoyed it a lot.

message 27: by Belkis (last edited Feb 04, 2015 06:22PM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Charlie wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Morgan wrote: "I really liked this book, the second one is even better in my opinion!"

I..."

Yes Charlie, book 2 is a must to be honest. If You can get your hands on it I would highly recommend reading. You'll enjoy it promise. It completes Mia's first part of the story which is what we get in If You Stay. And Where She Went is in Adam's POV and WOW. Just WOW.

message 28: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 27 comments I am about half way and should be able to finish this up today. I really like it so far. Looks like I need to start planning on book 2 according to all the posts.

message 29: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 29 comments Thanks guys, think I'll have to give it a go later this year.

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Elise | 188 comments Started reading it today! Finally a book of the month that is available at my library during the month you're doing it. This will be my first time reading a book of the month for the group - yippee skippee

message 31: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 27 comments I just finished this book. it was so good! (view spoiler) well I guess I really will need to pick up book 2 ASAP

message 32: by Sylvia (new)

Brandy wrote: "I just finished this book. it was so good! [spoilers removed] well I guess I really will need to pick up book 2 ASAP"

I loved her grandpa…he made me cry both when reading the book and watching the movie. Glad you liked the book and can't wait to see what you think of book 2

message 33: by Sylvia (new)

Kelly wrote: "Started reading it today! Finally a book of the month that is available at my library during the month you're doing it. This will be my first time reading a book of the month for the group - yippe..."

Woohoo!! Love when that happens.

message 34: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 27 comments Sylvia wrote: "Brandy wrote: "I just finished this book. it was so good! [spoilers removed] well I guess I really will need to pick up book 2 ASAP"

I loved her grandpa…he made me cry both when reading the book..."

Haven't seen the movie. Maybe I will check it out.

message 35: by Sylvia (new)

Brandy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Brandy wrote: "I just finished this book. it was so good! [spoilers removed] well I guess I really will need to pick up book 2 ASAP"

I loved her grandpa…he made me cry both when ..."

The movie was okay for me, much preferred the book

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Elise | 188 comments Just finished. Wow! Very good, but the end did feel a little abrupt to me, like the whole book is all leading up to the very end, and it was almost like "and then that happened. the end"

message 37: by Sylvia (new)

Kelly wrote: "Just finished. Wow! Very good, but the end did feel a little abrupt to me, like the whole book is all leading up to the very end, and it was almost like "and then that happened. the end""

You will get closure when reading book 2

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Elise | 188 comments Sylvia wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Just finished. Wow! Very good, but the end did feel a little abrupt to me, like the whole book is all leading up to the very end, and it was almost like "and then that happened. the ..."

Hope so! just got it from the library today.

message 39: by Petuli (new)

Petuli Lately I have read just fantasy book and I've kind of got into fantasy hangover. I wanted to read something easier and still meaningful and If I Stay was an awesome choice! I really enjoyed the book, it did have some depth to it although I would appreciate one more chapter at the end to wrap things up.