Intercession & Prophetic Questions & Answers discussion

Help! Need Your Input!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Rubsam (leeannrubsam) | 47 comments Mod
I am getting near the end of writing my book, Your Intercession Questions Answered, and I want to make sure I don't leave out anything important. If you were to buy such a book, what questions would you like to see addressed in it? Feel free to give me a whole list, if you'd like. :-)

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (etomko) | 29 comments Hi, Lee!

One topic that comes to mind is the different kinds of prayer and knowing when to pray what. Knowing when to declare/proclaim, when to be still and listen, when to pray in tongues, and when just to grab hold of the horns of the altar. Does that make sense?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (etomko) | 29 comments Here's another topic that I think is a big source of confusion for believers: how to surround those in the church who have a spouse that has been unfaithful and is unrepentant. Our response of course is to pray for the person to return to the Lord. But how much do we pour into this? Derek Prince once was teaching on Romans 7 and said that in his opinion, ministering 30 years, if a man cheats and is unrepentant, his wife should consider him "dead." I've thought of this many times lately as we as a church have reached out to different individuals in the last two years who have spouses that have decided to leave. I have a good friend who is intelligent and powerfully prophetic but has been in a cycle for 2+ years waiting for her husband to return (he's now married to one of the women he had an affair with) and I want to see her free, moving forward. Her attitude is cynical: "God will work in any other situation, but not in this. My husband has free will."

It's a sticky topic, but sadly an increasingly relevant one. I'd be interested to hear insights from a seasoned intercessor.

message 4: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Booker (goodreadscomgreg_booker) | 19 comments She seems to answer her own question quite well but also refuse to respond to the reality of it's truth. Your counsel is sound and appropriate for her. She has been set free to serve God in a greater capacity but refuses to leave the cage to walk a new opportunity. Preferring what was rather than reaching for what can be. Perhaps to be given a husband of like spiritual fervor for the Lord and greater love for her. She may also be overly concerned with the negative impact of her ministry due to such a "failure". If errors of the heart didn't impact the ministry of apostle Paul who persecuted the church then God will strengthen her to serve Him with the heart of His forgiveness…May she be able to forgive herself!

message 5: by Lee (last edited Feb 02, 2015 05:32AM) (new)

Emily wrote: "Here's another topic that I think is a big source of confusion for believers: how to surround those in the church who have a spouse that has been unfaithful and is unrepentant. Our response of cour..."

Thanks for your input, Emily!

I think as far as the different types of prayer, that we don't need to worry about which one we should be doing at which moment, by trying to categorize them. What I would personally do is bring the need before the Lord and ask Him how to pray. I would ask Him to lead me. (That would be part of my listening mode.) I would probably then pray a lot in tongues, if He did not immediately give me guidance, and expect that He would lead me into worship, or warfare, declaring, petitioning, or whatever. For myself, I have generally found that He makes whatever kind of prayer is needed well up from within and pour out.

As to the unfaithful husband and how to pray: I knew a woman who hung on to a promise she had that she and her husband would be one day reunited. He went through several girlfriends. She waited over ten years, and is back with him today. However, that doesn't always happen, and free will is a factor. God can put the pressure on through our prayers, so that someone's heart softens and changes. He is good at that. But they don't always change. I think this is where listening for what the Lord might be saying to shift us, comes in. We don't always immediately want to listen when He is prompting us with painful nudges. But your friend whose husband has now remarried must look at that as a forever-closed door now, and let God do something new and better for her. I am so sorry it turned out that way for her. Perhaps the best thing is to pray for healing for her.

message 6: by Emily (last edited Feb 02, 2015 07:05AM) (new)

Emily (etomko) | 29 comments Thanks, Gregory and Lee. I appreciate both your thoughts and wisdom.

Lee, that's an amazing story about your friend!

message 7: by Emily (last edited Feb 02, 2015 07:11AM) (new)

Emily (etomko) | 29 comments I should clarify about my first post. I don't personally worry about what to pray when. The Spirit does lead. You were asking about topics for intercessors to put in your book, and I know people are at all different places. I was brainstorming and just thought this might be a topic that could be touched on for those who have a call to pray but are still learning the ropes.

There's also another topic I thought of, something I've been chewing on. Does our level of authority in prayer correspond to the burdens we carry for people or situations? I think the answer is yes. If that's true, it's a mighty encouraging thought!

message 8: by Lee (new)

Emily wrote: "I should clarify about my first post. I don't personally worry about what to pray when. The Spirit does lead. You were asking about topics for intercessors to put in your book, and I know people ar..."

Sure, and I am definitely thinking about how to add the questions you posed into the book. :-) Thanks a bunch for your input!