The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > Team Scavenger Hunt R:9-Rules, Discussion & Sign-ups

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H

Sign-ups are open until February 8th. Members will not be verified this round. Teams will be posted February 9th and the first item drawn on February 13th. The challenge will last about 12 weeks. The challenge may be shorter depending on the luck of the draw but will be at least 10 weeks. You will be expected by your teammates to read one book a week that fits into this challenge.

General Rules:

◈ A new item will be called every Friday at Noon, Eastern Standard Time. You can use the time zone converter to determine the time difference between the Eastern Standard Time zone and your time zone.

◈ Each team member must choose a book to read with the item in the story, on the cover or in the title. All team members pick their own book, it can be the same as other teammates or different. Once all team members have read the book and posted a short review (review must be posted in the thread not a link) the team will receive a point for the item. (Your review must include the weekly item you are reading for, a link to the book, the date you read the book, a 1-5 star level and at least a 2 sentences review then any other items you are claiming) You must start reading the book after the item is called.

◈ Only one book may be claimed for each week of the challenge but up to 4 items may be claimed from a book, (one of which must be the item of the week). Each item must be from a separate category. If a team reads their books right it is possible to get all 40 items in 10 weeks and complete the challenge.

*If an item is called that a player already has claimed a point for, the player must still read the item again to be able to claim extra points for their team. The item can only be counted once by each player, so the previous earned item will be nullified.

* You do not have to finish your book with in the week, but your team will not get the point until you do finish. Your team will not get bonus points if you do not finish in the week.

◈The items are separated into 4 groups: TBA soon. While you can claim 4 items a week you can only claim 1 item per list, per weekly book claimed.

◈ Books must be at least 180 pages or equivalent. Anthologies do count but the review must include each short in the book. Audiobooks & e-books are acceptable.

◈ Team size will depend on the amount of people who sign up. All team members are expected to post updates multiple times a week. An acknowledgement of the posted item and a book review should be done each week, as well as conversing with your team. If you can’t commit to reading a book a week that applies to this challenge please don’t sign up.

*If a player fails to post after 5 days (with exception to pre-arranged absences), the remaining team players can vote to bring in a sub and remove the
non-participating player. Any player falling 2 weeks behind in their reading may also be replaced by the team. Substitute players will be allowed to claim any items not yet read by the removed player, in books they have read since unfound items were called. (Sub players will have 7 days after their induction to the game to claim any bonus items)

◈ The item list will be posted soon, you can start looking for books to read for the challenge as soon as it is up, but no reading until the challenge starts.

◈ Bonus Items are back! Along with the item from the 4 main categories a bonus word will be called each week. While the main item can be claimed any time after it is called, the bonus item must be claimed before the next week’s item is called to get points. If only half the team claim the item (ie 2 of 4 or 3 of 5) the team will get .5 points. If the whole team gets the bonus item then the team will get 1 point. There are a total 40 regular items and up to 12 bonus items (depending on game length). The bonus Items will be randomly chosen from previous rounds words.

◈ Winning will be determined by the fist team to 50 points. You do not necessarily have to have all 40 items to get to 50 points as there are 12 bonus points available through the course of the game.

◈Super Bonus~ Through random selection at one point through the game between week 5 and 10 a SUPER-BONUS will be drawn. The SUPER-BONUS will allow each player to claim an extra item that week. Each player can decide from which category they want their extra item to be in. The whole team does not have to be the same.

Please sign up as a full time player or back up here. Feel free to ask any questions too.

message 2: by Jennifer H (last edited Feb 06, 2015 06:51AM) (new)

Jennifer H Participants

1. Jennifer PP
2. Jenne
3. ✼Danielle✼
4. ~Leslie~
5. Danielle
6. Apoorv
7. Rosina
8. Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer
9. Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina
10. NancyHelen
11. ~♥ Kat ♥~
12. Sunshine
13. Jamie
14. JoAnne
15. Lizz Neill
16. Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
17. Amanda A
18. Gea
19. Lauren
20. Jingles
21. Hina
22. Shannon
23. Jade aka MrsTosh
24. Laila Jane
25. Steph Ann
26. Shy The WidowMaker
27. Megan
28. Bamaace83

message 3: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) I'm in!!! I was hoping you'd open it up soon :)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) I think I understand, so I'm in

message 5: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Glad to see you, Jenne!

Danielle, It is a lot easier than the rules make it seem :)

message 6: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I want to play!! I want to play!!

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) Sounds like fun- I am in!

message 8: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Leslie & Danielle!!

message 9: by Apoorv (new)

Apoorv  Moghe (goodreadscomapoorv) Okay, count me in !
Will be travelling for most part of February but I cant be away from this one. :)

message 10: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Apoorv!

message 11: by Rosina (new)

Rosina Yea. I gotta play love your scavenger games. Thanks Jennifer.

message 12: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Rosina :)

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 422 comments A third Danielle would like to play

message 14: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Wow 3 Danielles! :D Welcome Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer!

message 15: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) I'm in too!! Couldn't miss this round!!

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) | 210 comments I loved this last time, so count me in again Jennifer.

message 17: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Dyllan & NancyHelen!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll play...This works out well this starts just after I get back from vacation :)

message 19: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Kat!

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 31, 2015 05:56PM) (new)

Jennifer I'll be away when teams are posted so if you wouldn't mind could you just let my team know that I'm away and will check in as soon as I return on the 12th if not before depending on the wifi situation where I'm headed :)

message 21: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Will do! Thanks for letting me know :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks very much!! Now I'm off to do a little item recon before I have to head to work :)

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 456 comments Count me in!

message 24: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Sunshine!

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) This sounds fun and I have always wanted to play so please count me in. I am new to this challenge so I might have some questions!!

message 26: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 1108 comments I'll give this one a try. I think I did this type of challenge before but it's been awhile.

message 27: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Jamie & JoAnne!! I'm happy to answer any questions you may have :)

message 28: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3560 comments Mod
I'm in

message 29: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Lizz!

message 30: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 1108 comments Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Welcome Jamie & JoAnne!! I'm happy to answer any questions you may have :)"

I'm sure I'll have some once we start!
Looking forward to playing.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1210 comments I'm in! I love this challenge!

message 32: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Angie!

message 33: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 489 comments I'm in!

message 34: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Amanda!

message 35: by Gea (new)

Gea (gea89) | 406 comments I'm in

message 36: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Gea!

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Please sign me up too :0)

message 38: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Lauren!

message 39: by jingles (new)

jingles | 636 comments I'd love to play this round!

message 40: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Jingles!

message 41: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments Sign me up! finally made it before the deadline.

message 42: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Hina!

message 43: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 355 comments Ooh, Ooh, I wanna play!

message 44: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments I'm game :)

message 45: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Shannon & Jade!!

message 46: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 216 comments I'd like to play too =)

message 47: by Steph Ann (new)

Steph Ann I'm in! :)

Shy The WidowMaker (booklovingmama) Im in.

message 49: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Laila Jane, Steph Ann & Shy!!!

message 50: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 703 comments thank you, haven't played before so you will have to be patient wih me :)

« previous 1 3