Authors & Reviewers discussion

Getting Connected > Reviews needed for the first & second part of a psycho thriller/erotica story

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.S. (last edited Mar 27, 2015 03:53AM) (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Hello Everyone! I wonder if anyone with experience in writing reviews would be interested to read my novel for free in exchange for a review? I can offer pdf, mobi, or epub format. Plus, I'd be happy to talk to you about the story itself, if you are interested.

The book a modern and very loose adaption of Beauty and the Beast, focusing a little on the thin like between affection and the Stockholm Syndrome.
It is the main character's (Meghan's) diary. And the view on the story is totaly constricted to hers, as we read (meaning that her deductions might be wrong).
It starts four days after her abduction and she uses the diary to keep herself sane by writing down what she is experiencing. She is used as bait and training tool, (short: for sex) for a obviously genetic experiment, which seemingly has gone wrong. However, her affection for him, and belief that he has just been mistreated like her, starts to tame him and a fragile bond between them builds.
This book ends on a cliffhanger.

Love, D.S.

P.S. just published the sequel, which I could offer as a free ebook as well

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I'm interested. I already write book reviews, so I would be happy to read. I like mobi format.

My email: skthomasauthor@gmail.com
My website: http://www.skthomasauthor.com

Sincerely, SK Thomas

message 3: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) thank you!
just send out the mail ;)

message 4: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Hello everyone, I am still looking for reviews.

Indie Editor Nancy (indieeditornancy) | 7 comments I would give it a read, nancy.tulloch@sympatico.ca and review. Mobi please

message 6: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 29 comments This series is good stuff! I already read and reviewed it and am champing at the bit for the third part. :)
T

message 7: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Hello Nancy,

just send it! I hope you'll enjoy it.

Best
DS

P.S. Thank you Teresa, you're too kind! <3

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I'd like to give it a go. cricketseaberg@gmail.com - mobi, please.

message 9: by Casey (new)

Casey Catherine (swissandtell) | 2 comments I'd love to give it a go as well. Email: millerc720@gmail.com
Thanks!

message 10: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Thank you! Just send out your copies.

Casey, since you didn't tell me what format you need, I send you a mobi file,too. Please let me know if you need a different format.

message 11: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I just want to say that this is really good. I'm enjoying it a lot. It seems to be uniquely written, and I like that.

message 12: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Thank you so much! I'm very happy to hear that. :oD

message 13: by Jacquline Grace (new)

Jacquline Grace (jacqulinegrace) Sounds interesting, I'll review if you still need readers. PDF please.
jgskiver@aol.com

message 14: by Tari (last edited Mar 26, 2015 06:40PM) (new)

Tari | 3 comments I'd be interested in reading if you're still looking for readers for a review. :) tarih@frontiernet.net

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments Hi, Tari! Nice to see you made it here! If you get a chance to get a copy of this, I think you'd really like it. Hugs!

message 16: by Tari (new)

Tari | 3 comments Hi Cricket! After you told me about this book last night I thought I better start trying to get a copy.

message 17: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments LOL! Yeah, it's really good. Talk to you soon!

message 18: by D.S. (last edited Mar 27, 2015 04:01AM) (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Hello everyone,

do you have experience in writing reviews? Just asking, since I've had some bad experiences lately and I really need some reviews that are actually helping undecided readers to make an decision.
I'm not talking about bad ratings but bad reviews (as in not giving any helpful information).

Thank you, Brenda. I'm humbled!

Best,
DS

P.S. I really don't want to appear picky or miffed, I'm just a bit disappointed about people who give my books a try because it's for free and then either don't care to give a decent review or complain about the genre or topic of the book although they knew about it.

message 19: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I understand, DS. I write a lot of reviews. I'll pay special attention to detailing yours, which I will finish in the next few days (this darn day job keeps getting in the way! LOL!). I agree - if you know what it's about going in, then don't complain.

Yes, Tari and I had dinner with a group Wednesday evening, and I was going on and on about your story. It appears to have gotten her interest! I'll do what I can in writing about it as well.

message 20: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Brenda, just to be clear: I wasn't addressing you. However, I'm absolutely looking forward to your review! I know the feeling of real life throwing sticks and stones between your legs. I wish I could write full time. I can relate! Don't worry, take all the time you need!

OMG, I'm blushing right now. Thank you!

message 21: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments LOL! I knew that. I'm just trying to offer encouragement. As for those sticks between the legs - I'd be tripping all the time, as I have 3 dogs and I'm sure they'd be chasing them!

message 22: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) hahah, I just had to imagine that.

Thank you for the encouragement!

message 23: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Tari wrote: "I'd be interested in reading if you're still looking for readers for a review. :) tarih@frontiernet.net"

I'm just finishing another revision. Which format do you want?

message 24: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments Tari, if you're using Kindle, you need mobi. FYI.

message 25: by Tari (new)

Tari | 3 comments Yeah, send the mobi because I think that will work with what is on my computer. Thank you!

message 26: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments So was this just Volume I? I really enjoyed it.

message 27: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Brenda wrote: "So was this just Volume I? I really enjoyed it."

yes, there are three parts planned. the second one came out in Feburary

message 28: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I know Tari got it already from you. I had to talk her through how to get it into her Kindle.

message 29: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) okay, so there will be a review coming? Or did she just rate it, cause that's not part of the deal

message 30: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I'll talk to her and find out. Meanwhile, mine is up - and I've posted it on Amazon as well.

message 31: by Casey (new)

Casey Catherine (swissandtell) | 2 comments D.S. wrote: "Hello everyone,

do you have experience in writing reviews? Just asking, since I've had some bad experiences lately and I really need some reviews that are actually helping undecided readers to mak..."

Completely understandable. That's so annoying. The genre is in the title of the group...people should know what they are getting into before reaching out to have you send them a "Free" copy. That's just wrong.
I enjoyed the two books, that's why it annoys me haha

message 32: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Brenda wrote: "I'll talk to her and find out. Meanwhile, mine is up - and I've posted it on Amazon as well."

great! thank you!

message 33: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments Ok, I had to go 'clear back up top' of this thread and read. Duh! I would be very interested in reading the next book, as well, if you wouldn't mind sending it to me.

message 34: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I just spoke with Tari. She's only 59% done, so marked it in error. She's new to Goodreads, and is still feeling her way around.

message 35: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Casey wrote: "Completely understandable. That's so annoying. The genre is in the title of the group...people should know what they are getting into before reaching out to have you send them a "Free" copy. That's just wrong.
I enjoyed the two books, that's why it annoys me haha"

Yeah, what can I say.... the least good ratings came from two authors....coincidence?

message 36: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments I sure wouldn't let it bother you. Everyone has their own opinion. And not everyone will enjoy the same thing. But for those of us who have enjoyed it - or are enjoying it, i.e., Tari - we appreciate your stories!

message 37: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) I forgot to ask: do you want to read the sequel, too?

message 38: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Seaberg (cricketseaberg) | 24 comments Yes, please! cricketseaberg@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to it! I want to know what happens!!

message 39: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) just send it out

I am closing the offer for now