Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Feb 2015 Story of O/Bared to You > Head scratcher: Why not Femdom?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lepton (new)

Lepton | 20 comments Title says it all. Why not a Femdom book for the main pick? Forgive my ignorance, but it seems one might have avoided a number of trigger warnings by selecting something in which the woman is the dominant instead of the vessel for abuse. It seems as if there are enough genre books in which women are subservient or not fully in charge of their sexuality. How about an Alpha woman? Seems like a missed opportunity.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 30, 2015 05:41AM) (new)

Lepton wrote: "Title says it all. Why not a Femdom book for the main pick? Forgive my ignorance, but it seems one might have avoided a number of trigger warnings by selecting something in which the woman is the d..."

Do you know of any? I'd be interested in reading that. I only know of Girls with slingshots with Femdoms.

I think story of O was picked though because it's a classic. A lot of stuff on literotica was directly inspired by it.

And I think they'd still need the trigger warning. Victims of abuse might be triggered by a dom sub relationship regardless of who's in which role. But in any case, from what I heard, Story of O is about a healthy Dom Sub relationship and is actually representative of them unlike 50 shades of grey. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't read it yet.) DomSub's where the woman is a sub, speaking from experience, aren't necessarily about abuse if done safely and with the right Dom.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (katie_jones) | 348 comments Wait, Story of O is the safe stuff so far? ECK...I'm getting nauseous reading it, and I have no history with abuse. I don't see how being completely dehumanized, given away for group sex, and tortured is in any way "healthy!" I'm with Lepton, I would have been interested in seeing a female Dom. This is more like, "Here's what females are worth to males in most societies for the whole of history! P.S. We only tolerate you for your body-holes. This is love! Enjoy!"

message 4: by PointyEars42 (last edited Jan 30, 2015 12:29PM) (new)

PointyEars42 | 476 comments Unfortunately, there are plenty of books with Dommes... who are written as broken women working out their own abuse/misandry/anger/revenge issues by abusing male subs, so you'd still need trigger warnings :( Plus don't forget the added insult of books that treat Femdom as a phase; a part of her character development that she'll grow out of when she finds a man who can top her.

We started reccing a few books here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 27 comments I wouldn't have minded a male only Dom book either...I kind of feel like I've seen enough books with women being dominated by men...I'd like to look at it from a new light...and it would be interesting to see how it works with the male/female issue taken out

message 6: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
I was trying to pick things in the 50 shades area, and I do not know this type of stuff well (and don't really want to lol) but suggestions of this type are awesome for people who want to explore!

message 7: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (elinoria) | 5 comments I know it's not a book, but if you want to read something with a femdom/femsub relationship, then you should read the comic sunstone by rat queens new artist Stjepan Sejic. It's an ongoing comic and you can read all of it on his deviantart!

message 8: by Orange (new)

Orange | 56 comments I love Sunstone! So good.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer femdom but when I looked good stories are very hard to find. Hands down the best erotica writer who covers a whole lot of different combos IMHO is Emma Holly.

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Weis | 60 comments sunstone! so good... also there is a series by Tiffany Reisz that is A-mazing!