GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Self Publishing > Reviews needed for the first part of a thriller/erotica story

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Hello Everyone! I wonder if anyone would be interested to read my novel for free in exchange for a review? I can offer pdf or mobi format. Plus, I'd be happy to talk to you about the story itself, if you are interested.

The book a modern and very lose adaption of Beauty and the Beast, focusing a little on the thin like between affection and the Stockholm Syndrome.
It is the main character's (Meghan's) diary. And the view on the story is totaly constricted to hers, as we read (meaning that her deductions might be wrong).
It starts four days after her abduction and she uses the diary to keep herself sane by writing down what she is experiencing. She is used as bait and training tool, (short: for sex) for a obviously genetic experiment, which seemingly has gone wrong. However, her affection for him, and belief that he has just been mistreated like her, starts to tame him and a fragile bond between them builds.
This book ends on a cliffhanger.

Love, D.S.

P.S. just published the sequel, which I could offer as a free ebook as well

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments I am intrigued. I would love to read and review all parts of this story. MOBI would be great. appyt.books@gmail.com

message 3: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Great! Sending you the first one right now :)
thanks! I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments Awesome. :) Thanks

message 5: by Pennie (new)

Pennie (amazoncomauthorpenniecartawick) | 45 comments D.S. wrote: "Hello Everyone! I wonder if anyone would be interested to read my novel for free in exchange for a review? I can offer pdf or mobi format. Plus, I'd be happy to talk to you about the story itself, ..."

I would be interested in doing a review exchange with you. I read most genres,I write Sherlock Holmes short stories. We can swap PDF files.
If interested, please contact me. Thank you
ckgoldensky@yahoo.com

message 6: by Kia (new)

Kia | 5 comments I'm interested. I'll take mobi of the first part, kranbery@gmail.com.

Thanks.

message 7: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) @Kia: email was send :) thank you!

@Pennie: sorry, I don't do swaps, because I'm swamped with my usual work and writing. Apart from that Sherlock isn't my thing either :( Sorry.

message 8: by Pennie (new)

Pennie (amazoncomauthorpenniecartawick) | 45 comments Oh that's alright Kia, no problem at all, but I wouldn't mind if you sent me yours any way to my contact info above (pdf) I am a top Amazon reviewer and love to read and review :)

message 9: by Pennie (new)

Pennie (amazoncomauthorpenniecartawick) | 45 comments Still trying to understand these darn forums lol. I think it's D.S. I'm asking to send the script to me from lol.

message 10: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Pennie wrote: "Still trying to understand these darn forums lol. I think it's D.S. I'm asking to send the script to me from lol."

I was confused for a moment :D Sure, I'll send you a pdf. Happy you're still interested!

message 11: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) V.M. wrote: "I'm curious D. S., how long is the book?"
The Beast And Me has 346 printed pages. :) It's not a novella or short story. ;)

message 12: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) V.M. wrote: "That's quite an achievement! I am interested in the story, but unfortunately it will be some time before I can get to and through something that size."
Thank you. I'm not really a fan of books with less than 280 ages - don't ask me why, but I've been asked to write something shorter, so I'll try to and did (with the sequel), which is hard when you try to have a real story equal to the explicit content ;)

Do you know how long it might take you?

message 13: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) So, how about you'll check in with me then and I'll let you know if I need more reviews? This way you won't feel pressure and I can't get impatient :D

message 14: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) thank you <3

message 15: by John (new)

John Collins (writerjohncollins) | 5 comments I would love to read it and review it. I'm also a writer and poet but I like to review books that I may find interesting. I have a few I'm currently already reviewing, but would like to add yours to my list.

I will post the review on amazon and goodreads and barnes and noble if you'd like, wherever the book is sold. I ask that if I like the book I be able to feature it on my blog.

Here's my email. writerjohncollins@gmail.com

P.S. probably not a good idea to tell the audience your book ends on a cliffhanger. lol. don't spoil the fun.

John Collins
writerjohncollins.com
writerjohncollins@gmail.com

message 16: by D.S. (last edited Feb 11, 2015 01:15AM) (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) It probably isn't, but people cried about it. So I chose to warn you here about that fact. It isn't in the description.
What kind of format do you want?

message 17: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments Hello, I am almost ready to read your book but first I must clear my pallet with some frufru stuff. ;) Two deep reads have left me a bit rung out. Won't be long tho. :) And I am one of those people who want to know if a book is a standalone or a serial. I want all the parts before I begin. I suspect the surprise me's and the can't handle it's are fairly even. I'm a don't wanna handle it person. Up front all the way is good. :) I look forward to reading the whole story.
Sorry, I get wordy.
Teresa

message 18: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Don't be sorry for getting wordy. ;)

Well, you can see that it's a reries, because it's called volume one.

Sorry, but the thrid part will be published in 2016 ;)

message 19: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments Usually that(series) is true. Some are called series that are all standalones with related people.. IE Brothers, MC club members, etc.

OMG I cannot wait that long.............. I'm old! lol

message 20: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) You're not alone in this, actually. But I need a little break on the story, so that I can get into it with a fresh mind. It's for your benefit. ;)

message 21: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments Sigh........ moping.......... It's ok......... sigh......... Once I read the first 2 I am gonna be a whiney butt. Be prepared. ;)

message 22: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) I hopefully deserve it then ;)

message 23: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments I am sure you will. lol

message 24: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 57 comments Dear Authors,

You can send me your books for review if you like. I have some time now.

Cheers
Mehreen
Mehreen10@gmail.com

message 25: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Please let me know which format you'd like to have :)

message 26: by Pedro/Gladys (new)

Pedro/Gladys Garcia | 9 comments Hi,
I will love to read the book or books
epub is fine, or pdf.

garciap22000@yahoo.com

message 27: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments D.S. wrote: "I hopefully deserve it then ;)"

O M G !!! I am reading Beast and Me......... Whoop. I love this so far. I am at 25% on Day 40.............

message 28: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) I'm happy to hear that

message 29: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments OMG OMG OMG OMG.. Finished it yesterday, had to soak. I'm ready for book 2. :) If it pleases you.. I am about to go write my reviews for book 1. And I think I shall be devouring more of your work. :)

message 30: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) Wonderful! thank you so much! Let me know when you've finished your review, I'll send the second part asap

message 31: by Teresa (last edited Feb 15, 2015 12:51PM) (new)

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments I just posted it on GR and Amazon.

I am doing a happy dance cuz I'm getting book 2.. :)

message 32: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) thank you so much! send it out already ;)

message 33: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) If you haven't heard from me so far, I'm sorry. If you didn't answer to me, you'd better be sorry :)

I am still offering a free read for the first book.
PLUS starting Februrary 27th the sequel will be for FREE for five days and the first book will be available for $0.99 the first week and $1.99 the second.

message 34: by Pedro/Gladys (new)

Pedro/Gladys Garcia | 9 comments I would love to read and review my email is garciap22000@yahoo.com epub or pdf is fine

message 35: by D.S. (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) I already send you a digital copy on the 12th of this month.

message 36: by Pedro/Gladys (new)

Pedro/Gladys Garcia | 9 comments Thanks i will check

message 37: by D.S. (last edited Mar 14, 2015 04:15AM) (new)

D.S. Wrights (dswrights) I am still offering a free digital copy of my novel reliable and experienced reviewers.

I haven't heard back from Kia or Pedro/Gladys yet and must say that I am somewhat disappointed.

If you are interested in reading and reviewing my novel, please let me know which format you'd like and until when you are able to write a review.
Please understand that I will check your profile, to make sure that you are actually reading/ reviewing novels.