2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Off Topic > The hazards of substitute teaching in an elementary school...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 57 comments I'm a substitute teacher, elementary school. Today I was a "floater" and found myself with 45 minutes free in the middle of the day, with nothing to do. I hadn't expected that so hadn't brought a book. So of course I headed to the library. I walked in and the first book that caught my eye -- based just on the cover -- was one called "The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell" by Chris Colfer.

Of course I couldn't finish it in one day, so had to bring it home. I'll finish tonight definitely. So -- it fits "book you can finish in one day" and "book chosen based on its cover". But, when I went to read about the author I discovered that not only was he on "Glee" but he's also very young. So I think I'll use this for Week 6 which is coming up very soon.

And by "hazards" of working in an elementary school, I meant the library. I always find books to take home. Fortunately this is the school where my kids went so the librarian knows me and knows I'll return books quickly. :) But the thing is, I don't need MORE books to read! roflolol....

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Winchester I also have this book for Week 6 :).

And I can relate. I work in a bookshop. It's the hardest thing in the world not to buy every second book I see. Or at least take it home, because we can do that if we return it.