2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

2015 Plans > Guy's Reading Challenge List

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guy (last edited Sep 06, 2015 04:57PM) (new)

Guy | 37 comments I've been hesitant to do this. For one thing it's a moving target so far. I'm trying to pick books from my want to read list. I'm limited by my public library's collection and availability so reading them in turn is out of the question. And many of my choices would fit in multiple categories so I've been rearranging the furniture a lot. But keeping track like this is useful and hopefully will keep me focused and motivated. So here goes:

1. A book with more than 500 pages. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Finished 1/23/15.

2. A romance. A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy. Finished 1/26/15.

3. A book that became a movie. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick. Finished 1/28/15.

4. A book published this year. Personal by Lee Child. Finished 2/18/15.

5. A book with a number in the title. The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. Finished 2/11/15.

6. A book written by someone under 30. Swamplandia by Karen Russell. Finished 3/1/15.

7. A book with nonhuman characters. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin. Finished 4/1/15.

8. A funny book. Insane City by Dave Barry.Finished 5/14/15.

9. A book by a female author. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.Finished 2/25/15.

10. A mystery or thriller. The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly. Finished 2/2/15.

11. A book with a one-word title. Irene by Pierre Lemaitre.Finished 3/16/15.

12. A book of short stories. Redeployment by Phil Klay.Finished 2/27/15.
The Water Museum: Stories by Luis Alberto Urrea.Finished 5/12/15.

13. A book set in a different country. Hotel Florida by Amanda Vaill.Finished 5/11/15.

14. A nonfiction book. Packing For Mars by Mary Roach.Finished 4/4/15.
Balance: In Search of the Lost Sense by Scott McCredie.Finished 3/8/15.

15. A popular author's first book. The Orchard Keeper by Cormac McCarthy.Finished 5/24/15.

16. A book from your favorite author that you havn't read yet. Wayfaring Stranger by James Lee Burke.Finished 5/16/15.

17. A book a friend recommended. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.Finished 6/5/15.

18. A Pulitzer Prize winning book. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.Finished 4/13/15.

19. A book based on a true story. No Beast So Fierce by Edward Bunker. Finished 1/11/15.

20. A book at the bottom of your to-read list. If I Die in Juarez by Stella Pope Duarte.

21. A book your mom likes. Skink by Carl Hiaasen.Finished 6/8/15.

22. A book that scares you. Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson.

23. A book more than 100 years old. Victory by Joseph Conrad.Finished 7/6/15.

24. A book based entirely on its cover. The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell.Finished 6/24/15.

25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

26. A memoir. The Year of Reading Dangerously by Andy Miller.Finished 2/13/15.

27. A book you can finish in a day. Dog Songs by Mary Oliver.

28. A book with antonyms in the title. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed.Finished 7/23/15.

29. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit. Blood on Snow by Jo Nesbo.Finished 6/12/15.

30. A book that came out the year you were born. The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene.

31. A book with bad reviews. Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor.

32. A trilogy (first). Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. Finished 1/1/15.

33. A trilogy (second). The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood.Finished 3/16/15.

34. A trilogy (third). MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood.Finished 8/3/15.

35. A book from your childhood. Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.

36. A book with a love triangle. Laughing Monsters by Denis Johnson. Finished 2/7/15.

37. A book set in the future. The Peripheral by William Gibson.Finished 4/22/15.

38. A book set in high school. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.Finished 4/30/15.

39. A book with a color in the title. The Whites by Richard Price writing as Harry Brandt.Finished 6/29/15.

40. A book that made/makes you cry.

41. A book with magic. Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman.

42. A graphic novel. Maus by Art Spiegelman.

43. A book by an author never read before. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.Finished 5/17/15.

44. A book you own but have never read. Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain.

45. A book that takes place in your hometown. High Tide in Tucson by Barbara Kingsolver.Finished 6/7/15.

46. A book written originally in another language.

47. A book set during Christmas.

48. A book by an author with your same initials.

49. A play.

50. A banned book. House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende.

51. A book based on or turned into a TV show. Luther: The Calling by Neil Cross.

52. A book you started but never finished. Cuba Libre by Elmore Leonard.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (clickcait) | 480 comments I like your list so far. Good luck with the challenge. :-)