Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Looking for authors and event builders for new book promo site

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Patrick-Howard (rebeccaphoward) | 11 comments Hey guys! So most of you probably know what Book Bub is…Well, I represent a similar company called Buck Books. We’ve been going almost a year now and are similar to Book Bub except for the fact that we’re FREE for authors. With that being said, we’re still very competitive. Our authors have seen a huge increase in their sales both on the day our promotional events run as well as on the subsequent days. Many of our authors have shot to the top of their paid categories, which makes us more profitable than running a free promo. (I'm an author, too, and I'm excited about including one of my boos in the paranormal event.)

In the past, we’ve only dealt with nonfiction books and we’ve been wildly successful in that feature. Starting in March, however, we are opening ourselves up to fiction. I am currently looking for GREAT books in a huge variety of categories, from mystery to dystopian. I am also searching for event builders who would like to plan the promotional events. There are incentives to planning the events, including financial ones.

If you’re interested in participating as either an author or an event builder, shoot me an email at bledpub@yahoo.com. I can give you a ton more info about both and what you’d need to do to possibly submit your book.

On the forefront, though, is my need for awesome event planners. Events run online for just 24 hours and you’d basically be in charge of one genre or sub-genre and finding the books to promote for the event. It will take creativity and some drive, but you don't have to actually sit in front of your computer during the event. The bulk of the work is in the weeks leading up to it as you organize. We’d use our massive subscriber list to do the promoting, although you’d certainly be encouraged to use any social media outlets you had access to as well. The more people who saw the events the better! I’m creating FB groups for the various events, too, to keep you, me, and the authors in the loop. So if you want to work with some great authors, maybe make a little side money, and have fun please contact me!

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Hi Rebecca. Making a note of this. I will shoot you an e-mail tomorrow so I can find out more about this, sounds good for both authors and for event planners!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Patrick-Howard (rebeccaphoward) | 11 comments Thanks Justin! I really think it will be. I am excited to be involved in it. Although it will mostly be up to the event planners to find the books for the events I've already gotten a headstart and I've had fun meeting authors, checking out books, and doing what little I've done so far.

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Chapman | 25 comments Will you be promoting science fiction authors. I am currently working on the third in a book serires and when its released in March I want a major platform to launch it on.
Thanks
Jason Chapman

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Hebler (mhebler) | 51 comments Hi Rebecca. FYI, I just sent you an email.

Cheers!