2017 Reading Challenge discussion

2015 Challenge topics > To Kill a Mockingbird

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Whaley | 1 comments Read the entire book in one night (actually finished at 3am). Literally could not put it down. I now know why this is such a well loved classic!

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne (librarianguish) | 636 comments Mod
Shannon wrote: "Read the entire book in one night (actually finished at 3am). Literally could not put it down. I now know why this is such a well loved classic!"

Hi Shannon! Welcome to the group. Would you like this book to go into the "read in a day" category? Let me know, and I'll put it wherever you like.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare Bryant | 2 comments Im currently reading it as my Pulitzer Prize winner!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 16 comments I remember being very reluctant to read To Kill A Mockingbird because I had this impression that it was an over hyped so-called classic, but when I read it I was completely taken in. I fell in love with the characters, especially Aticus. It is really an amazing book

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 42 comments I just read that there is a new book by Harper Lee- a sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne (librarianguish) | 636 comments Mod
I still haven't heard from Shannon - which category would you like this book to go in?

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (vemusa) | 14 comments Clare wrote: "Im currently reading it as my Pulitzer Prize winner!"

Same here!

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine (biographyofanonymous) I'm going to re-read it as the book from my childhood so that it's fresh in my mind when I read Go Set a Watchman as my book that is being published this year! :)

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments I really enjoyed this book. Had my children read it for one summer, and they liked it. We did a compare with the movie.