Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Running out of books to read

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Holdsworth | 2 comments Hey everyone, I've just joined the group but I'm hoping you could help me by suggesting a series I haven't yet got to cause for a couple of days now I can't find something read. I have read a lot of the popular books and I am partial to vampire books but here are the series' I have read:-

Anita Blake, Merry Gentry, Chronicles of Elantra, House of Night, Vampire Diaries, Sookie Stackhouse, The Morganville Vampires, Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson, The Guardians of the Night, Cassandra Palmer, Dante Valentine, Vampire Academy, Morgan Kingsley, Shifters, Night Huntress, The Mortal Instruments, Nocturne City, Marked, Jaz Parks, Rylee Adamson, Black Dagger Brotherhood, Dorina Basarab, Hellcat, Blood Lines, Calliope Reaper-Jones, Sabina Kane, The Dark Forgotten, Jane Yellowrock, Jane Jameson, Night Tracker, Kara Gillian, Haven, Dark Brethren, The Bloodhound Files, October Daye, Charlie Madigan, Guild Hunter, Kinsmen, Vampires in America, Secret McQueen, Raven Investigations, Fallen, Deadtown, Elemental Assassin, Charley Davidson, Riley Jenson Guardian, Blood Singer, Angelfire, Skindancer, Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, Rhiannon's Law, Valerie Dearborn, Alex Craft, Dark Ink Chronicles, The Resurrection Chronicles, Shadow World, The Watchers, Guardians of Ascension, Abby Sinclair, Gwen Sparks, Scanguards Vampires, Paranormalcy, Sunwalker Saga, Chicagoland Vampires, Sweetblood, Underworld Detection Agency, Demon Kissed, Vampire Armageddon, Arcadia Bell, The Disillusionists Trilogy, Unbound, The Vampire Journals, Bo Blackman, Immortality Bites, Twilight, Shadow Reader, Black Wings, Mageri, Vampire Princess of St. Paul, Sentinels of New Orleans, Demon Underground, Saturn's Daughter, Dark Breed, The Niteclif Evolutions, Shadowchasers, Green Rider, Throne of Glass, Dark Star, Dark, Otherkin, Angelbound, Coveted, Weird Girls, Realm Walker, Worldwalker Duology, The Fae Chronicles, Zero Dog Missions, Nola O'Grady, Skye Morrison, Blood Destiny, Born to Darkness, Storm Chronicles, Bad Witch, Colbana Files, Men in Chains, Freakn' Shifters, Furry United Coalition, Voiders, The Alexa Montgomery Saga, Blood and Absinthe, Immortal Guardians, Vampires Realm, Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, Dragon Kin, Jude Magdalyn, Demon Slayer, The Iron Fey, Fever, The Recruit, Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles, Princess of Hell, Mystwalker, Blue Eyes, Lily Drake, The Forbidden Bond, Turning Vampire Series, Blood Omen Saga, Of Light and Darkness, Angler, Born in Flames Trilogy, The Warrior Chronicles, For the Love of Evil, Black London, Nephilim Warriors, Monster Haven, Peyton Clark, The Shadow Ravens, Queen of the Orcs, Covenant, The Dragonian, Goddess With A Blade, Kasadya, Earth Reclaimed, Realm Walker, Darkness, Diamond City Magic, Inked Magic, The Blushing Death, Damned, Rune Alexander, The Sensor, Pulse, Warm Delicacy, Dirty Blood, Defy, Mythos Academy, Healer, Steel & Stone, Half Moon Hollow.

These I think should be all the Paranormal Series' I've read so If someone can think of some that i haven't read I'd really appreciate any recommendation anyone has i go for mainly female main characters if that helps, sorry if I've done this wrong this Is my first ever post and thank you for reading this.

message 2: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 16 comments OK, hope I'm not suggesting something that you've read (and I missed) -If Angels Burn The Darkyn and Kyndred series by Lynn Viehl. I'm loving Bec McMaster London Steampunk series ( with vamps) starts with Kiss of Steel. This one is a little different too Colleen Gleason has a historic paranormal series The Rest Falls Away.

message 3: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 16 comments Also, Elder Races by Thea Harrison begins with Dragon Bound.

message 4: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Ross Have you tried anything by Gail Carriger?

message 5: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments How about Blue Diablo (Corine Solomon, #1) by Ann Aguirre very good little series.
Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake excellent vamp series
How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks fun little series with vamps and shifters, just completed at 16 books.
Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh
Dana Marie Bell has a few really good series.
Rosemary and Rue (October Daye #1) by Seanan McGuire excellent series

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Ginette | 4 comments Warrior of the Moon Lior Wolverton by Garnet Hart
Hilarious, romantic, erotic... with some actions. I enjoyed this a lot and I'm reading it again.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Holdsworth | 2 comments Hey thank you everyone for the help I appreciate it, I will look through everyone's suggestions and if anyone else has need help finding something to read I hope they post too get help like I did. :).

message 8: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed is my favorite, but I think you've read that.

Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1) by Kendra Leigh Castle was a pleasant surprise vampire read. Underrated in my opinion.

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 9: by Lokki (new)

Lokki (lokki8) | 18 comments I'm reading this Owl and the Japanese Circus (Adventures of Owl, #1) by Kristi Charish right now and it's good. I like that Owl, the protagonist, is just your average, inept human rather than some super kickass one.

message 10: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Wester | 125 comments Just saw this thread and I have to say I laughed... It is impossible to run out of books to read! :)

message 11: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Bynum (slbynum) | 14 comments I agree with Vanessa that it's impossible to run out of books to read!

Try some new, indie authors' books. Like mine, Grim Crush by S.L. Bynum . It's a YA paranormal romance.

message 12: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 53 comments Indie authors are definitely worth a try. I really enjoyed Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan and Blood Hunger by LE Wilson. Good luck!

message 13: by Mari (new)

Mari Hamill | 21 comments Great suggestions!

message 14: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (track_star24) | 22 comments I must say that is quite an impressive list of series' that you've read but thankfully there are still so many more to read and discover. Here are a few that you might find interesting and I apologize if you've already read any of these series.

The Protectors by Teresa Gabelman, The Warrior Series by Melanie P. Smith, Transplanted Tales by Kate Serine, Sons of Sangue by Patricia A. Rasey, The Blood Curse series by Tessa Dawn and The Dalakis Passion series by N. J. Walters. Also, have you tried Christine Feehan's Carpathian series?

message 15: by Diane (new)

Diane | 15 comments Kellie wrote: "I must say that is quite an impressive list of series' that you've read but thankfully there are still so many more to read and discover. Here are a few that you might find interesting and I apolo..."

I haven't finished as many series as above but I am debating starting the Carpathian series as well...

message 16: by Pam (new)

Pam (moonlightreader) | 6 comments Have you tried Kelsey Jordan's The Lycan Hunter? Its not vampire though, but wolves.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry if you read any of these. The list is quite lengthy and I probably missed some lol...

Gena Showalter - Lords of the Underworld
Christine Feehan - Carpathian
Kelly Armstrong - Otherworld
Kresley Cole -Immortal after Dark
Lara Adrian - Midnight Breed
Alyssa Day - Warriors of Poseidon
Sherrilyn Kenyon - League and Dark-Hunters
Felicity Heaton-Eternal Mates, she also has a few vampire series if I remember correctly

Crack A Book Cafe (crackabookcafe) | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Indie authors are definitely worth a try. I really enjoyed Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan and Blood Hunger by LE Wilson. Good luck!"

Just out of curiosity...does Blood Hunger end on a cliffhanger?? Thanks!:)

Crack A Book Cafe (crackabookcafe) | 9 comments I thought the Deep In Your Veins series by Suzanne Wright was really good:) I don't think this one's on your list..
You've given me some great suggestions though:) Thanks Samantha!

message 20: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 53 comments Aurora B wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Indie authors are definitely worth a try. I really enjoyed Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan and Blood Hunger by LE Wilson. Good luck!"

Just out of cur..."

It doesn't end on a traditional cliffhanger, but it is the first in a series, so you are left with some questions. Semi-Charmed is also the first in a series, but it can be read as a stand alone (no cliffhanger).

message 21: by Anita (last edited Feb 21, 2015 09:38AM) (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 165 comments It's hard to do the elimination thing in my head, but I think this list should have some series that you didn't list. They all came from my 5-star-favorites shelf. Where I've listed a book other than the first one, you'll still want to find the first one and read that first. (I was just lazy ;-) Anita

Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1)
Spellbent (Jessie Shimmer, #1)
Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
Solomon's Sieve (Knights of Black Swan, Book #7)
What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
Tinker (Elfhome, #1)
Paper Valentine
Death Blows (The Bloodhound Files, #2)
Everything by Terry Pratchett
Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
The Sweet Scent of Blood (Spellcrackers.com, #1)
Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)
Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser, #1)
The Shadow Queen (The Black Jewels, #7)
Half-Off Ragnarok (InCryptid, #3)
Aftermath (Sirantha Jax, #5)
Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
Monster Hunter International (Monster Hunter International, #1)
Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1)
Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3)
Seraphina (Seraphina, #1)
Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan #4)
Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow, #1.5)
Poison Study (Study, #1)

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 78 comments As others have pointed out, that's quite a list you have there! I might suggest something you've read, but I'll try to stay off the beaten path.
A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) by Amanda Hocking Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill Darkness Rising (Dark Angels, #2) by Keri Arthur The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

Hope you find a good one!

message 23: by Edward (new)

Edward Jamieson (edwardjamieson) | 54 comments Love changes everything. It comes to David regardless of him thinking that the real love has been lost forever.
Love gives wings. Isabel discovers real freedom as soon as love helps her fly.
New Romance (New Adult) novel about two lost people who finding each other defy the fate. Filled with passion, actions, it comes to you a book you'll keep turning its pages to discover the story of Isabel and David who challenge the fate.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T9F45SK

Touching the Freedom by Suren Hakobyan

message 24: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Street | 6 comments Samantha wrote: "Hey everyone, I've just joined the group but I'm hoping you could help me by suggesting a series I haven't yet got to cause for a couple of days now I can't find something read. I have read a lot o..."

Have you tried The Light Who Shines by Lilo Abernathy. It has some adult content in it, but not trashy or anything. I read that she is almost done working on the second book in this series. Here is the link to her website if you would like to check out the series: https://sites.google.com/site/lilojab...

message 25: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 165 comments Jennifer wrote: "Indie authors are definitely worth a try. I really enjoyed Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan and Blood Hunger by LE Wilson. Good luck!"

Thanks Jennifer for the Semi-Charmed recommendation. It's the best debut novel I've read in a long time. LOVED IT. For others reading this, Isabel Jordan is an independent author and the writing is fabulous - this is well worth the $3 on Amazon for the e-book. Give it a try.