Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Maas (katily17) | 5 comments I'd love to do a beta swap. I'm new to this site and don't have much preference of genre. I personally have a 65k romance I'd like critiqued. I will admit that I'm better at reading for content, structure and flow than I am for grammar. If you're interested PM me and we can give each other a synopsis to see if we'd be a good fit.

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Danielle (zoedaniellexx) | 32 comments Hi Katie,

I would be interested,

My book isn't finished yet but is currently at 34,200 words but I still have so far to go. I reckon that it will end up at 80-90k once completed.

Below is a little peak in to the book, please let me know if you would be interested -

Friday 14th Jan 2011
I remember that day like it was only yesterday - it was the worst day of my life, and hours later turned into the best day of my life.

At the age of twenty-four, Casey Phoenix is one of the highest ranking woman on The Sunday Times Rich List. She thought she had it all figured out until she met 31 year old American, Matthew Jackson.

Matthew Jackson has been set for life since the age of 21 when he and his brother James set up their business enterprise, Jackson Industries. Living his millionaire lifestyle with fast cars and fast women. But when he meets Casey he decides it's time for him to settle down. However, she has her reservations.

Life isn't as perfect as it seems for the both of them. Casey has got a stalker who will try to anything they can to get to her and it gradually starts to grind her down, usually level headed she begins to fear for her life.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Maas (katily17) | 5 comments Hey,

I'd love to take a look. I'm currently waiting on getting mine back from another beta, but I'll send you a pm. :D

message 4: by Chassy (new)

Chassy Chéri (chassycheri) | 4 comments Hi Katie,

I'd like to do a beta swap. My completed MS is a 75K contemporary romance, the first in a 5 book series. Heat level is 5 out of 5.

Here's the working blurb:
Charlotte Emery has a problem with her nose. It dictates her life but she can’t stop it. She always finds something wrong with her past relationships and usually it’s the way they smell. Because of her quirk, she never gives a guy a chance to get to know her, and she never gets a chance to know them. But with her client and textpal, Max Roberts, she wants to stop her nose from influencing her decision to pursue a possible romance with him because of her fear that she smells something amiss and taints that relationship.

Max senses a great connection with Charlotte during their text conversations and wants to change their friendship into a relationship but he doesn’t want to blur the lines between business and pleasure. He also doesn’t want to find out that she may share some qualities like his crazy ex-girlfriend. The last thing he needs again is a girlfriend who does weird things and needs to know what he’s doing, where he is, and who he’s with.

But when they finally meet in person, sparks fly.

Things go well at the beginning, but then her nose gets in the way. Usually, her nose wins. This time her heart’s declaring war.

The first couple of chapters have been critiqued but I'm looking for an overall opinion on plot, flow, structure, and likeability.

I'm great with grammar and consistency. I've taken a couple of courses with RWA on goals, motivations, and conflict and story necessities (hooks, save the cat, 5 whys).

If it interests you, I would love to work with you :)

Thanks,
Chas

message 5: by Rick (new)

Rick Brady | 2 comments I'm a new user seeking a beta reader and would gladly swap out my efforts for yours. I'm writing historical fiction about the American fur trade. I know, it's predominantly a male genre, but I would like a woman's perspective as well. It's long, currently 160,000 words, but I would beta your 34K story and provide an equal number of words, if you're interested. Rick