Goodreads Developers discussion

questions > Higher API limits

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Tsay | 1 comments [Copying from email I sent to support@goodreads.com. It was suggested I post here instead.]

My name is Jeff Tsay and I am working on a search engine called Solve for All. The search engine differs from most others in that it runs user-contributed plugins that generate answers, in the form of links and/or inline HTML content. Many of the plugins use 3rd party APIs, and I would like to use the Goodreads API to generate answers as well. However, since the site aims to provide a search engine to many users at a time, I would not be able to use your API without exceeding the rate limit of 1 request/second. If you grant me higher rate limits, I can include author and title searches as well as book reviews, when the user enters a recognized author or book title, or whenever the user includes "goodreads" in his search query. I am happy to link back to to Goodreads and I think this would benefit your site.

For some examples of what the search engine can do, please see:

https://solveforall.com/docs/examples

With higher API limits, I would be able to expose the data available in the Goodreads API in general web searches, of course, linking back to Goodreads.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 05, 2015 12:47PM) (new)

Hi Jeff,

We don't have any current plans to change our api limits. Sorry about this!