Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Why Snape DOES deserve your pity: a blog post

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by hannah renee. (last edited Jan 28, 2015 07:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

hannah renee. If you are a Snape-lover please check out this blog! No hate please :) It is long and complicated. Hope you like it! :)
http://blogofahomeschooledarmypastors...

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc When asked in and interview, JKR said, "Is he a hero? You see, I don't see him really as a hero. He-he's spiteful, he's a bully—all of these things are still true of Snape, even at the end of this book."

I don't like it when people say Snape was better for Lily than James. James and Lily were happy together. And James changed himself for Lily when Snape couldn't.

He did horrible things. He became Neville's worst fear. Yet, he was still very brave. Harry was so overwhelmed with gratitude that he forget the pain Snape had given him. He decided that the good things outweighed the bad ones.

And maybe they did. I'm not a Snape hater. I like his character. And I like how his character is so complex that he isn't good or bad- he's right in the grey area.

message 3: by hannah renee. (last edited Jan 28, 2015 07:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

hannah renee. Ria wrote: "When asked in and interview, JKR said, "Is he a hero? You see, I don't see him really as a hero. He-he's spiteful, he's a bully—all of these things are still true of Snape, even at the end of this ..."

I never said Snape was better for Lily than for James. I honestly cannot say whether or not he was. I don't really know much about Lily, but one thing's for sure: she's not anything like me. lol I personally would never choose anyone like James... maybe he had a cute personality, but to me, he's too outwardly focused. I like thoughtful and introspective men; loners. But that's just me. lol :)

J. K. Rowling also said this too: "He is a very flawed hero. An anti-hero perhaps. He is not a particularly likable man in many ways. He remains rather cruel, a bully, riddled with bitterness and insecurity-and yet he loved, and showed loyalty to that love and, ultimately laid down his life because of it. That's pretty heroic!"