Restricted Section Book Club discussion

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Star
FEBRUARY: The Name of the Star > The Name of the Star

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristina Horner (kristinahorner) | 111 comments Mod
This is our book for the month of February! We will be reading 'The Name of the Star' by Maureen Johnson, in honor of 'The Shadow Cabinet' (the third book in this series) coming out February 10th.

If you've read it already, feel free to read it again or just join in for discussion! If you haven't read it, it's the perfect time to catch up before the newest one comes out!

I'll be posting discussion threads soon, but in the mean time, get your hands on a copy of the book!

Maddison (maddeyeh) | 18 comments I got my copy (used) for $4 at BetterWorldBooks.com,and there are still copies available for this price. They'll give you free shipping AND (my favorite part) for every book they sell they donate one to help promote literacy worldwide.

April Sarah | 6 comments Maddison wrote: "I got my copy (used) for $4 at BetterWorldBooks.com,and there are still copies available for this price. They'll give you free shipping AND (my favorite part) for every book they sell they donate o..."

Oh, thank you for the heads up. Just bought my copy.

Carly Erbacher | 29 comments Thanks for the tip, Maddison! I got my copy from the library, but I'm going to check out the site for the future. I love supporting local book stores, but this sounds great too.

Abby I started my library ebook today! I love a good mystery, so I think I should enjoy this one. :)

Alice (girlofyarn) Book in hand! Hooray for library holds!

I'll be adding discussion threads soon - and I was thinking about extending this book for 2 months, because it's a short month? Maybe if people get ahead they can move on to the sequels? What do you guys think?

Alexandre López calvo | 7 comments Three days is not enough difference for setting our speed to bi-monthly.

I haven't started it yet and I'm sure I'll be able to read it no problem. Hell I haven't even BOUGHT it yet...

Mary (bookzlover) I will have no problem reading it in one month.

message 10: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (bookzlover) And if people don't finish by the end of February they can always continue commenting in March while we have another book started.

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby It's not exactly a long book. I finished it within 2 days. But if other people need more time, that would be okay.

Carly Erbacher | 29 comments One month is fine for me.

April Sarah | 6 comments I think one month will be okay.

message 14: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby When will the discussion threads be up? I finished it days ago!

Okay, good to know. We'll stick to one book a month for now! The discussion threads are up now, btw!

message 16: by Catriona (new) - added it

Catriona (catrionamay) Not sure which of the threads for the book I should post this on but I've just uploaded my review of this on YouTube if anyone would like to have a look, please do! http://youtu.be/SekN6CQgQgo