Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Feb 2015 Story of O/Bared to You > TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR BSDM BOOKS THIS MONTH

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Hey guys
Want to be very clear: Our theme this month is BSDM books (in "celebration" of 50 Shades movie). Please read with caution. If anyone wants to pick a clean alt and congregate around that, please put a suggestion here for people to read along with!

OXOX
Felicia

message 2: by Orange (new)

Orange | 56 comments If you all haven't seen it already I recommend the movie "Secretary" it's so good. One of my all time fav romance movies.

message 3: by Raelene (new)

Raelene Another warning should be that odds are your library is already out and you'll be on the hold list forever. If I get these before the end of the month I'll be shocked. I've never had this problem before with any of the previous picks.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Whaley (beckers77) | 80 comments They recently had Secretary on Cinemax and I stayed up late to watch it. It was a very good movie. Definitely recommend seeing it at least once.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicmo) | 93 comments Secretary has been a favorite movie since day one! When I saw it I was under 18...I watched a lot of things my mom didn't approve of, but that's besides the point. The point is that before I knew what BDSM was, I thought this movie was about everyone being able to find love. :) the message still stands. I sincerely understand the warnings but I would like to think the group is filled with sex positive people exploring lifestyles different than their own. That's why I joined. ;)

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Orange wrote: "If you all haven't seen it already I recommend the movie "Secretary" it's so good. One of my all time fav romance movies."

I could never think about James Spader the same way again! And frankly, what remains with me about that film was urine on the chair! Eeuw!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandameowly) | 20 comments Per everyone's recommendation on this, I watched it! It's on HBOGO currently. I loved it! So good. Thanks for the recommendation!

message 8: by Frakki (last edited Feb 22, 2015 08:08AM) (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments I love the term "sex positive" that I keep coming across in post and podcasts. It's so important to frame sex this way. That POV wasn't around in my teens and 20s. I'm glad it's there for the ones coming up now.

Oh, and I saw Secretary in the theater. A very small and packed theater. So, it was a tad bit awkward when the sexual tension was at its highest. ;-)